Michigan Ride 9-30-12

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
About 7 of us will be meeting in Webberville Michigan I-96 and M-52 exit 122 at the mobil. You are welcome to ride with us. We will be taking M-52 south to Pleasent lake road and going west and over to Onsted mi. We will be taking the rollercoaster road (2nd gear wheelie's) and than over to adrian mi for lunch at fiesta rancharo. Than back roads to hudson lake area. We will take a smoke brake at hudson lake boat launch. Than work are way back to Us-12.

Great ride everyone!! Another hooligan ride in the books, complete with brake torques, rolling burnouts and what ride would be complete without wheelies!!!

It was fun watching Mike, Gary and Jarred topping the rolling hills on the rear wheels!.....Wish Hijacker had been there to capture the event.....I just don't have the nads for that!, I guess I'll just have to be content with the 2nd gear smokers, great ride everyone!..................Tom.

Was great to meet you Jared. While Mike had to get the award for most impressive wheelie, you certenly get the award for MOST wheelies. And a special mention for the most creative wheelie from pavement to gravel to grass an back to pavement. I don't think anyone will be trying to top you on that one. And in third gear to boot! <BMFG>

I'm most impressed that we managed to NOT get any tickets today. Never seen so many cops on "back" roads.

Last edited:
I think you are talking about Jared and his off roading. I drive the chain drive max....and I think he goes by newbie something.

haha well here i am it was a blast thats for sure!! my arse only winked once or twice haha. was great to meet all of you guys cant wait to ride again thats for sure. thanks to mike for turning me on to the rolling 3rd gear wheelies their addicting.

Hey Jared, you looked like you had the hang of it by the end of the ride. You did one next to me and you made it look too easy!!

I think wheelies come more natural to some than others.........I fall in the latter catagory..............They are fun to watch and I even give it a shot myself now and again...................Tom.

I'm not going to lie.... I'm a CHICKEN-SHIT!!!! I am tottaly affraid of coming down wit the bars turned and end up doing a high over or something.

yeah im gonna keep working on them thats for sure. soon as i find the balance point get ready for some mile long ones lol

I'd think that high speed wobble you got into while ducking back in behind Tom's bike would have had a bit more pucker factor then the wheelies. But you young guys do stuff like that just to get your heart started I hear <BMFG> I know its a long drive, but I would love to see you join us at Lapeer dragway on the 13th.

Just don't try to get in a burn out contest with Rob. I saw what he can do while no one was watching.

I really wish I had one of those go pro cameras. There were so many things I wish oteres could see. Wait... I have an Idea... Maybe next time "they" can join us and be part of the fun!

I'm not going to lie.... I'm a CHICKEN-SHIT!!!! I am tottaly affraid of coming down wit the bars turned and end up doing a high over or something.

I resemble that remark! <BMFG> I guess us guys staying warm behind our windshields will just watch and enjoy.

So how about best 2 out of 3 1st gear roll on from 3000rpm? Just to 100. nothing wild and crazy.

Good luck on the balance point on a vmax Jared. If you live to find it i will be the first to shake your hand. Well if you still have one. We all like you jared and i know i speek for all of us when i say stick to the power on wheelie's and ride them out and let them come down at will. I almost cooked my ass sunday because i dident cover the rear brake fast enough. When the max is up all the way it will go over backward's just as fast as it will drop forwards and if your not good at thinking about the rear brake in the middle of a wheelie you should not do them. Maybe you are and thats cool but if your not dont push it. Not trying to be a downer we just like you and like to ride with you.

:eusa_dance:I once had a movie of me doing a wheelie for more then a quarter mike. It was on the return road at Detroit Dragway. It was on my Montesa Cota. Yeha- I used to take my trials bike to the dragway with me as my "pit bike"

Craig

I went off the back of a yz 125 in forth gear when i was in my 20's i tryed to gat up but my legs felt like i should just stay on the ground so i just stayed down for about 10min when i got up i was stiff but but ok to ride home. when i got home i got done cleaning up and was getting dressed and my wife look and said what did you do ( I dident tell her about it) she said look at your ass. I had a dark black purple circle on my ass the size off a softball. It looked like i gat hit by a 150mph softball. It took a week to recover and a long time for that circle to go away. 2 week's later i got my parts bike running and took it for a ride. I got it into 4th gear on a wheelie on a gravle road and when it came down the front end washed out fast and hard and lifted the back tire up high enough to throw me over the handle bar's. I landed on my hands and my right knee at about 60mph. It took alot of skin of my knee and the rock's cut me deep enough to change my skin color for life and i have no feeling in part of my knee. when i stood up i was like WTF i picked up the bike to push it home (3 blocks from home) and the front tire wouldent roll. So i limped and draged it home. My wife was on the porch and said WTF did you do now. I tryed to pull my motorcyle boot off my cut up leg and pulled a cafe muscle because i wasent able to do it as i did before i crashed. To this day i cant take a tall boot off with out triggering that muscle. When i went and looked the bike over i found the front brake cable looped over the forks and pulled tight. so who ever put it on just through it on and i dident even think to look the bike over. When the front tire came down the fork's went down and the cable fliped over and the forks came back up and well Ucked me big time. After all that i said from now on i will look everything i own over before i use it. And i wasent up for balancing wheelie's for a long ways anymore. I have pulled hundred's if not a thousand power on wheelie's over the past 15yrs and never went over or down. So i will stick to powering them up and letting them come down at will. I might blip the throttle a couple of time's but that's it.

Sean states that if you keep it in the air long enough you can cook the engine.........Oil starvation...........Tom.

Back