Mighty Vac and how I did it.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
So I just got my MV and tried to use it that day to bleed my front brakes and I was like what the hell this thing sucks. but today I'm sitting there working on my bike board waiting for some guy to hurry up and get my carbs cleaned and sent back!!:biglaugh: so I decided to try to replace my brake fluid in the front and rear.

So step 1
Put Teflon tape on all your bleeder screws, few wraps or so. than make sure to clean them up so the holes are not blocked. screw them back in just a few turns I just did them hand tight.

step 2
use MV to suck out old fluid in reservoir(less to suck though this way) and fill it up with new.

step 3
Now take your MV and hook it up like so.(will get a pic tomorrow)(Nevermind.. Paint worked kinda) If your hose is a little big to seal up any where just use tape or what ever it takes to get a good seal.
the idea is to have the MV suck on both calipers at the same time(both front or both rear)
Bleeding.png

Step 4
Now PUMP it! PUMP it good. watching your fluid level in the reservoir making sure it doesn't go dry. I also pumped the pedal well doing these at times. and suck it out til its all clear.

step 5
Tighten bleeders up now, leaving the tape on. cleaning up your mess and make sure everything is full!

Last edited:
Did you have to pump the lever very much afterward to get good braking?

I did pretty much the same as you (only difference being speed-bleeders) but had to pump it a million times (maybe more) to get a good lever.

Eventually I did get 'good lever' and the brake works way better than before, but just seems like it took way too long to pump the system up.

Did you have to pump the lever very much afterward to get good braking?

I did pretty much the same as you (only difference being speed-bleeders) but had to pump it a million times (maybe more) to get a good lever.

Eventually I did get 'good lever' and the brake works way better than before, but just seems like it took way too long to pump the system up.

The reason you had to pump a > million times is because you have speed bleeders which don't let air out unless you have some brake fluid in the lines to push the air, I have speed bleeders and when I drain the system, I have to use the mityvac to get it started then can pump the lever if needed to complete the bleeding process. with regular bleeders pumping the lever will be effective from the beginning.
Same thing with the clutch, if you have speed bleeders there you have to use mityvac to initiate the bleeding process or else it will take forever.

The reason you had to pump a > million times is because you have speed bleeders which don't let air out unless you have some brake fluid in the lines to push the air, I have speed bleeders and when I drain the system, I have to use the mityvac to get it started then can pump the lever if needed to complete the bleeding process. with regular bleeders pumping the lever will be effective from the beginning.
Same thing with the clutch, if you have speed bleeders there you have to use mityvac to initiate the bleeding process or else it will take forever.

I did fill the system before pumping, that's the part that puzzles me.

I totally emptied the system, filled the M/C reservoir, then pumped the M/V only enough to get the fluid moving. When new fluid started coming out the bleeders (about 1/3 of a M/V reservoir) I closed the bleeders and started pumping.

I was sure there was some kind of issue with the master but eventually got a good lever and it has been flawless ever since.

hey dan i cant remember but do you have speed bleeders?

i still think you were right and we should have taped off my bleed screws on V2 rear caliper when we chg the fluid. think it still has a weep, will have to tape it up and give it one more bleed session. lots to do before july 17th

i still think you were right and we should have taped off my bleed screws on V2 rear caliper when we chg the fluid. think it still has a weep, will have to tape it up and give it one more bleed session. lots to do before july 17th
Mine had one too before I went to speedbleeders

Yup....speed bleeders.

And yup again, the threads should definitely be taped....even on the speed bleeders if you've loosened them a few times.

Back