Milan Dragway Test and Tune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
On august 4th milan dragway is having a test and tune day and the only other racing that is going on is jr drags so we should be able to make alot of passes. Gates open at 11am. I will be in line at 10:30ish. If Todd gets his bike togather he said he will show up. It would be alot more fun if we could get more vmax rider's to show up and run. I will have a trailer so if anyone brake's a bike i can tow you home for gas money. This way you can ride to the track if you dont have a trailer. Its $25 to run.

Wish my damn trailer was done cause I'd go! Can't risk riding that far and breaking something though...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hhhmmmmmm sounds real tempting.... I will let you know, I really want to run a couple passes, still don't have boots

I have an extra pair of same boot i use for riding. I buy the light C.A.T work boot for work and i get an extra pair for riding. Than in the winter i use my riding boots for work and buy new boots for riding. I have a size 12 you can use. and i will even spray them out for you. Just for you Scuba. LOL..........Mike

We setup my friend Kevin's snowmobile trailer up to where we can haul bikes on it so weather permitting we will both be there, he'll mop us all on his ZX12 but he's a cool guy so you don't feel so bad losing to him... LOL

Got my driveshaft in. Took her for a spin last night, just into town to make sure the swing arm doesn't fall off.

Test ride one good.

This morning took it for a spin and it stumbles a little out of the hole when your hard on the throttle ( say 1/4 throttle or less ) it hesitates. So I think if adjust the a/f then I might be able to fix that. The carbs are unknown though, so the floats may be off as well. I am unsure and not sure if I want to really tear into this the day before I go to the track again.

I might leave it as is and just run it and see the comparison from stock with slip on exhaust to Marks 4-2 exactly as the bike was with my stock setup.

It smells a little rich to me. We'll see.

Test ride 2 this morning felt good. Nothing major , no real power increase or feel. It is louder but deeper in the higher rpm's which I do like.

I might grab the trailer, not sure, but I will have my truck. Whether I stuff the bike in the back bed ( you guys will have to help me unload ) or bring the trailer too, I am not sure yet.

You can look for my truck... its easy to spot....

Truckwrap2010.jpg

Todd

Will he make me look this bad. I think i was in third (maybe) when he was done. That was my first pass at the dragstrip. The guy is a great guy and a big help to me. Everyone at the track made my first run and first day alot of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cKG403zjzCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A0asb6tzEbw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9esNyVJs-8&feature=player_embedded

Im happy to see you will be joining us at the track and i hope more bike's will show up.
This would be a good time for someone that has never been down a track to learn how its done.
Im sure we will all help you learn the rope's of what to do so your pass will be as much fun as i had.

Todd Im not a drivabilty man but if i was you i would put my a/f screews at 2.5 turns out and try it. If the stumble dont go away i would turn the screws out a 1/4 turn at a time until i got to three turns out. if the stumble gets better you are rich and if it gets worst you are lean. If you cant get it to go away and you are lean. you will need to go up on your piolet jet. Someone might step in and correct me if im wrong but the idle and just of idle works off the piolet jet. Anyhow for now so you can have fun at the track just see what you can do from 2.5 to 3 turns out. you can go to 3.75 turns out if it is helping but at 3 turns you should go up to a 40 on the piolet (stock motor). To change the piolet is kinda a big job before track day. I just went through this with damon and we can talk more about it at the track.

I'll be bringing my tools and carbtune so if you want to dick with it a little at the track you can, I can swap main jets in about 20-30 min now... LOL I'll have my Morley jet kit too because the track is the best place to make changes, doesn't matter if the a/f ratio is a little rich or lean you never really know if it will go faster unless you try...

Your right, best place to test is ..... hmmmm test and tune!

I might tinker with it. My problem with it though is seat time. I need more. Right now by adding the exhaust, tires and clutch setup, I am back to square one with learning the curve on the bike.

I am pretty confident with the right tune on it, I should run high 10's. I am confident before the driveshaft broke, I would have saw 11.30's that day.

With good tuned carbs, the right air temp and track conditions, I see 10's as a pretty realistic goal.

We'll see.....

If you can swap mains in 30 mins..... maybe I ll bring my second set of carbs with me ;)

Todd

I installed new baffle's and my bike's noise level is alot better but with more back pressure i thought it would have better low end and it feels like it has less low end:confused2:. In second gear it dont pull like it did before. The bike runs great and the carbs have been sniffed at each pipe coming of the motor so i dont think i can get my bottom end any better than that. carbs are set at 13.0 at idle. and dyno showed 12 to 13 at mid to top so i dont think i should play with my carbs. I have my dyna 3000 set at curv 3 so maybe i should play with that. also my v-boost is pluged in and i have stage 7 so maybe i should unplug it :confused2:.

Do you have the butterfly valve still installed ? Or did you pull those and put straight pipes in between the carbs?

If you still have the vboost butterflys installed, disconnecting them is going to make a bigger hole in your low and mid range.

I just did the video on Vboost and no Vboost idle and it was running RICH!

Todd

Im glad to see you like my bike so much Todd but it would cost you $7000 to make that run. Should i bring the title. (NO TRADES)

I found out I had a spark plug wire broke..... ran 11.50's with only 3 cylinders..... LOL :) Now lets see what it will do with all four cylinders running....

Let the smack talk begin !

Todd

Latest posts

Back