Mom lost her battle to cancer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, very sorry to see this news this morning, but glad that you were able to be there for her when she needed you, you will have no regrets

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Mark. I lost both my parents when I was 12, more recently lost my younger brother (11/11) and a sister (6/12).
It is hard to understand the way things work out but it is starting to get back to a sense of normalcy, time heals and gives you strength.
Talk often with your family, and freinds when you can, it has helped me greatly in dealing with my grief.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Here is a saying that I read that helps me keep perspective:

Grief is not a mountaion to be climbed, with the strong
reaching the summit before the weak.
Greif is not an athletic event with stop watches
timing our progress.
Grief is a walk through loss and pain. There is no
competition and no time trial.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Don't know what else to say really.
Lost my Dad when he was 56 and I was but 21, no matter when or how it happens it just flat plain sucks, I'm sorry and prayers be with her from my family to yours.

Rusty

Sorry to hear this my Brother. My condolances and prayers go out to you and the whole family.
I'm here if you need me, for anything. I'll be checking in on ya either way.

So very sorry to hear of your loss,God bless you and yours.You care and love because that is how you were raised,That's one of the things she taught you,Take care and god bless.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My mom is not suffering anymore and she is in a better place right now. I have no regrets. I have said to many of my friends and family, as much as it sucks to die of cancer at least she was able and all of us were able to say what we needed to say to each other . If she had died in a car accident I think it would have been worse. No matter what it sucks but there is some closure for all of us.

Mark, sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mother to emphysema and my father on a Tractor accident so I hear what your saying about at least being able to say goodbye but either way fast or slow sucks! Please accept my condolences at this very difficult time. And as my Mother said to me before she passed " keep your faith in God and we will all be together again someday" and that's what keeps me going, knowing I will see my Mom, Dad and brother when my time comes. Take care and God Bless, Ed

Sorry for your loss Mark . It sounds as though you have a good perspective of this...she will be missed in the future but you have to dwell on the good times from the past and the lessons learned . Celebrate her life brother...

Mark, you and your family are in Kathy & my thoughts and prayers. I lost my Mom in March of 1983 - she was sick a long time, and we knew it was coming. It wasn't any easier to deal with, though. I think of her a lot recently, seeing it's coming up on 30 years since she passed. I can tell you this.... You're going to have more bad days than good ones for a while, but slowly this will get better. A day WILL come when you can think of her and smile. And then, maybe years down the road, a day will come when life gets busy - and you DON'T think of her... (Not to sound insensitive to your grief, God knows I wish she could have lived for many more years. ) At that point, you're at peace with what happened. You can bet that's what she wanted. My Dad died 22 years ago - suddenly - of a heart attack. I found him at his house, in his bed, after he died. It was the same process. It took a long time, just as it did with my Mom.

Just remember - life does go on, she wouldn't want you to spend the rest of your life mourning - and you'll most definitely see her again!

Hang in there, friend. You've got a great group of people here, any one of us are here to talk, or Skype, or EMail to.
Bill

Latest posts

Back