Mondak motorsports

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
One wonders why people go out of business...I called mondak and asked for a discount being a forum member and to my surprise not only did they say no more discounts the guy told me when I said they will be losing thousands ,,he replied the owner said he doesnt need our business so I said ok no problem...U just lost my order and im sure alot of other forum members orders in the future..

I said if you give us the discount u gave us before you will get alot of new found business and I will post on the board to send people your way...Again owner says he doesnt care....Wow what a bad business man,,,...

The bottom line is stay away from Mondak they obviously cant stand by their word..

One wonders why people go out of business...I called mondak and asked for a discount being a forum member and to my surprise not only did they say no more discounts the guy told me when I said they will be losing thousands ,,he replied the owner said he doesnt need our business so I said ok no problem...U just lost my order and im sure alot of other forum members orders in the future..

I said if you give us the discount u gave us before you will get alot of new found business and I will post on the board to send people your way...Again owner says he doesnt care....Wow what a bad business man,,,...

The bottom line is stay away from Mondak they obviously cant stand by their word..

Think there might be some bad feelings there regarding v max's. I called the day Gary 'left unexpectedly' and the guy told me they didn't part on good terms....don't know if Gary was giving only v max's those great prices, but it kinda appears that way.

I understand that,,but the owner taking out on vmax forums is just kind of stupid on his part..Thats ok cause I wont do a pennies worth of business with them and im sure alot of people on here got turned off when they found out they backed off on their word...

A dealer is under no obligation to continue discounts. Mondak and UMotors both quite giving discounts. The best available now (that I know of) is K&N in Oklahoma. 25% over actual cost. The contact is Tyler McDonald (918 446-6657). Be sure and tell him you are with the VMOA or this forum.

Thanks for the heads up..I know what ur saying,,but to take everything away is just not good business...When its OEM stuff and I dont want to bother the forum guys like sean for the little crap I goto yamahapartsdepot.com real cheap on oem,,just a little slow...

In the future ill try them thanks for the info..

A dealer is under no obligation to continue discounts. Mondak and UMotors both quite giving discounts. The best available now (that I know of) is K&N in Oklahoma. 25% over actual cost. The contact is Tyler McDonald (918 446-6657). Be sure and tell him you are with the VMOA or this forum.

You must mean these guys m-cman. http://www.knmotorcycles.com/ I've never ordered from them, but will be checking them out....thanks for the tip.

Those are the guys. I spent over $3000 on V-Max parts over the last 2-3 years. Most to UMotors till they quit the good discounts and then Mondak till they quit also. K&N is now the best I know of. Do price comparisons to see if they are better than your current supplier. They have been around a long time and have some very old NOS parts. Just got a NOS headlight and other old parts for a 1971 Yamaha XS1B 650. They had them in stock but they were shown as discontinued on the parts lists. You could tell they were OLD! The boxes/packaging were yellowed and beat up.

Gary gone.. deals gone.

wonder where Gary's now?

Last I heard he was out of the motorcycle parts business.

Fixed the link.... No need to push people their way.

I spent a boat load with them too.

Too bad.
Chris

I used to use them too. Too bad, so sad - I'll just call Sean from now on.

For small BS parts you don't want to bother Sean with, try BOATS.NET. We don't get a discount, but they DO carry motorcycle parts. If nothing else, you can look up your own part numbers & call Sean with exactly what you need. Their online diagrams are petty good IMHO.

I sometimes buy my oil filters from boat dealers. Some of the outboard motors use the same filter. I usually Google the part number to see who sells the parts cheapest. That is how I found out about the boat dealers. Usually K&N is as cheap or cheaper though.

Some Yamaha outboards use the same filter. A marine Stealer makes a cycle Stealer look cheap though.Won't get better customer service and suppport ,anywhere, than from Sean. Prices are good too.

Latest posts

Back