More wildlife activity at BRC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked out the back window and about 50' up the hill, on the back lawn, is this. It looks like something was digging out around an old stump, there is a piece flung off to the side in pic #2, and chunks of sod are scattered about 15' away from the hole....whatever it was was a pretty powerful digger.

This is very fresh, probably pretty close to daylight this morning. Not sure if it was digging for bees or grubs as there may have been either (or both) around this old stump.

The dog was extremely interested in this and had pretty well eliminated any tracks

Anybody have any ideas what it might be....badger? (if they are around here) bear? fisher?

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 38
Wild hog?
Although usually they run in packs and do a lot of damage all at once.

Armadillos can really screw up a yard too, I do not know where you live, they do not go very far north.

In any case looks like you have an excuse to it up all night with a .22 rifle and a cooler of beer!!

I'm guessing its a badger..
they dig large holes usually found on edge of woods that are shaped like a "D'' on its side. they excavate tremendous amounts of dirt that sit in a sort of bib around the entrance. Did you notice any black & white hairs in the dirt?

Gopher, mole, armadillo?

No 'dillo's' here Rusty and way too much excavation for a mole, but Gophers we got!

Looks like you been visited by a chupacabra & if you can catch it dead or alive you'll be rich

They're mean little shits aren't they? Might have to hand in a dead one, don't want a live one of them chewing on my new Tundra! :punk:

Wild hog?
Although usually they run in packs and do a lot of damage all at once.

Armadillos can really screw up a yard too, I do not know where you live, they do not go very far north.

In any case looks like you have an excuse to it up all night with a .22 rifle and a cooler of beer!!

No wild hogs around here....no 'dillo's either, I'm in upstate New York, but a little refreshment accompanied with suitable firepower is a viable option.

Maybe the .45 tho....just in case it turns out to be a badger or one of them 'cabra things!

Danny, you better get in touch with "TURTLE MAN"..........

Who's "TURTLE MAN" Joe.....:confused2:

I'm guessing its a badger..
they dig large holes usually found on edge of woods that are shaped like a "D'' on its side. they excavate tremendous amounts of dirt that sit in a sort of bib around the entrance. Did you notice any black & white hairs in the dirt?

No, no hairs that I could see Bill but it was apparently digging up an old stump and I didn't think chucks did that....altho I believe badgers do, but not sure. They are truly nasty animals tho, I'm hoping it isn't one of those!

Badger was my first thought. Nasty, just like your Vmax:eusa_dance:

A distant cousin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

That guy is a hoot!! "Honey Badger don't give a shit!" :rofl_200:
Don't think we have honey badgers around here, but are there regular badgers? I think whatever it was, was diggin' around that old rotting stump for grubs or something.....there was no further activity last night, guess he moved on.

Turtleman is on the History channel , he catches animals with his bare hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMp-gS_oXA&list=PLCE5F892A108163BF&index=63

Yeah, that's the guy I need!! Think maybe if he goes after a badger like he did those possums he may have to change his name to "Stumpy the Turtle Man"!! :biglaugh:

Yeti are said to be making a comeback, and more and more people are catching one on film - and in never before seen places.

Yeti are said to be making a comeback, and more and more people are catching one on film - and in never before seen places.

I gotta get a trail cam set up here....when I shine the hi-power flashlight in the woods there's all kinds of eyeballs looking back at me....kinda spooky really!

Probly mostly deers but the glowing red & yellow eyes are a little unsettling, could easily be yeti's and 'cabra's and who knows what all out there in the night! :th_scared::th_scared::th_scared:

Sure wish that weapons incident hadn't....................oh nevermind, you guys've heard all that before! :whistlin:

Back