Morleys muscle 800 asl.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Muscle kit is on the way. Sean has given me a baseline starting point, but i'm also looking for some practical application. I've been reading all the threads, carbs set ups and such. I've seen a few carb set-up for my elevation, but I also know the some of the guys have changed them since then. I'm looking for carb set ups in and around western new york, Ontario, or If your elevation is around 700-800 ft. Probably be a good Idea to have a series of stickies with elevations/ Carb set ups. I'm not much of a carb guy, so I'm trying to soak up as much Info as I can.

Muscle kit is on the way. Sean has given me a baseline starting point, but i'm also looking for some practical application. I've been reading all the threads, carbs set ups and such. I've seen a few carb set-up for my elevation, but I also know the some of the guys have changed them since then. I'm looking for carb set ups in and around western new york, Ontario, or If your elevation is around 700-800 ft. Probably be a good Idea to have a series of stickies with elevations/ Carb set ups. I'm not much of a carb guy, so I'm trying to soak up as much Info as I can.

Jealous!!!!!! i need to sell my rim so i can buy one!!!!!

I try a lot of different stuff. I'm at about sea level. I just acquired a set of stage 7 carbs from a bike I parted out. I'll be playing with the stage 7 a bit then getting an air box lid from Sean.
For me, getting close to 40mpg and still getting the best acceleration possible is the objective. Whatever carb mods you do, a full aftermarket exhaust is needed first. Otherwise, the money is best spent somewhere else IMHO.
Steve-o

There is a "oem carbs setup" sticky in the carbs thread. Pretty much tells what alot of the guys are running. I'm about 7-800 asl too. Mine's not purrrfect, but dang close!

I read through it. I actually went back to the very first post in the carb section, and tried to read every thread that pertained all the way up till now. Like I said, some have changed, some guys have gotten kits since then, just seeing whats out there for updated reference. :eusa_dance:

I'm at sea level. All stock but for a pair of Jardine RT-One slip-ons and Sean sent me 150 main jets (instead of the OEM 152.5) and the bike runs great with them.

Good point. I know that I have tried to go back and update my posts in that thread as my set up has changed, but who knows if others have as well? Are you running a full exhaust system?

Good point. I know that I have tried to go back and update my posts in that thread as my set up has changed, but who knows if others have as well? Are you running a full exhaust system?

I have marks 4-1. :punk:

I have a Kerker full pipe and a comp baffle and a dyna set on curve 1 (makes the most hp) and I'm at roughly 880' above sea level.. Morley jet kit with restrictors in the tops of the carbs to compensate for the big open air filter, V boost still hooked up and working properly, drilled slides and stage 7 springs and needles with the clip on the second from the blunt end with a shim, stock mains are still a touch fat so you may want to try some 150's too.. My pilot circuit is all factory, I have a Innovate wideband O2 sensor and this setup works well for me...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Good point. I know that I have tried to go back and update my posts in that thread as my set up has changed, but who knows if others have as well?
just updated mine. running MK150s now. firm pulls in cooler, drier conditions like mid mornings and somewhat strained in warmer, wetter conditions like mid afternoons. i really need to get some dyno runs under the belt.

Latest posts

Back