Most comfortable passenger seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most comfortable PASSENGER seat

• Muscle Seat

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • MaxGasser

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sportmax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corbin

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Top Sellerie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UFO Starfighter

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

mdfb42

Reaction score
I have that feeling this is just going to open up a huge can of worms for those who love their seats. I am aware of the Muscle Seats, MaxGassers, Corbins, TopSellerie, UFO Starfighter, and Sportmax.

My biggest question is what is the most comfortable for the passenger (aka wifey)?

I would love to go through one of our forum guys to get a seat but here is my dilemma. First I saw that I can get a Top Sellerie seat with gel inserts. Second, I have a corbin on my FZ6 with the Corbin backrest and the wife loves the backrest so I want to keep that and reuse it somehow(going to try to call Sean and Rick regarding these questions if they don;t comment here first)

So without further ado, can of worms officially opened.

My wife loves the large passenger Muscle seat that I put on the back of the bike and I love the mid cut front section just as much. Easily the best thing I have done to the bike. My wife complained that with the old seat she would get numb butt quickly and she felt she didn't have a lot of 'real estate' to sit on. With the new wider seat it takes much longer for the numb butt to set in and she feels much more secure with the extra width.

Fatbiker

I can strieght up tell you it depends on the size of the passenger with one of my seats, I can also tell you that I have a trial program , try before you buy, and if need be I could also put gel pads in the seat

I'm 6'3 210lbs
Wife is 5'3-5'4 100lbs don't know if that helps.

Is you rear base metal or plastic? Really want to incorporate the Corbin backrest I have as she really likes it

Last edited:
I'm 6'3 210lbs
Wife is 5'3-5'4 100lbs don't know if that helps.

Is you rear base metal or plastic? Really want to incorporate the Corbin backrest I have as she really likes it

At those weights the MAXGASSER is definitely in the running for both of you!, my pans are made of fiber glass , the rear seat works with factory backrest , H A C backrest or the backrest available from Cycle-istic.

I'd have to see the corbin backrest but I'm pretty good at making things work:biglaugh: this is the bottom of my rear pan with out hardware

Attachments

• 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
I can take care of that too!

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 24
At those weights the MAXGASSER is definitely in the running for both of you!, my pans are made of fiber glass , the rear seat works with factory backrest , H A C backrest or the backrest available from Cycle-istic.

I'd have to see the corbin backrest but I'm pretty good at making things work:biglaugh: this is the bottom of my rear pan with out hardware

Here are pics to give you some insight on how it goes into the seat. The main things I'm worried about is proper distance from the back of the seat as well as looks like they have some sort of metal sleeve it goes into with a hole under the seat pan to secure it. Went a little overboard on pics but it should take care of the basic conceptImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163680.669844.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163697.502999.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163713.668725.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163723.768474.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163734.518690.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163747.134831.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163760.101733.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163771.853817.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163782.368478.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163800.435165.jpg

A customer wanted some extra room ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I gave it to him, but the general thought is the maxgasser gives the room needed where needed and support where needed

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
If she likes the corbin backrest, why not pick up a corbin. You can always get the rear section rebuilt by a local upholstery shop or Rick or Sean if she doesn't like the seat part.

If she likes the corbin backrest, why not pick up a corbin. You can always get the rear section rebuilt by a local upholstery shop or Rick or Sean if she doesn't like the seat part.

Well I had a Corbin on a sport bike that was thinner so I thought id keep an open mind. And I bought my Corbin used so I knew it was good already. Unfortunately I cannot say the same with a new one because everything on the web states that when Corbin gets it right, it's awesome. But when they get it wrong, you are normally screwed out of money and time as their customer service is known to suck.

I have several Corbins including one w/a pass. backrest instead of the Yamaha sissy bar backrest. I use the Corbin as a daily driver and am happy w/it. I recall that when I bought my '92 at the Ft. Lauderdale dealer, I tried the Corbin and passed on it, because they weren't going to give me any break on the price, and I was OK w/the stock seat. For all the complaints about the stock seat, I don't mind it. I did go w/the Corbin I currently have on the bike, the flap style. I have a plug style too, but I like the style of the flap style better. I don't carry passengers, so I don't need the backrest for me.

I am biased so it's hard to ask me. The Corbin has the largest seating surface but it's a brick and expensive by the time you get the seat bought AND then have it reworked.

I have had MANY wives come up to me after they rode the new Muscle reshaped rear and thank me in person for the new seat comfort.

Sean's modded passenger seat is wider at the back where you actually sit. I had my wife sit on one when I was up at his place doing motor work. It was definitely better than stock. For surface area, you can't beat the Corbin, though. For comfort?.... That's personal preference. I like a pretty hard seat, but I rotate my hips so I'm actually sitting on my sit bones, so it's not uncomfortable to me.

Latest posts

Back