Most recommended flashers/indicators/blinkers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek_Law

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I've seen lots of folks replacing their blinkers, and I want to do the same. Does anybody feel very strongly that they have the perfect blinkers?

I'm looking for an LED set up, bright as possible, and preferably dual intensity so that I can wire in both the indicator, but also a "running light." I want to replace both front and back, but am not fussed about them being the same or different.

There are a slew of them on Ebay, but I thought I'd ask to see if folks have found some that they really like.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hey Geek let me know how they work out for you. I really like the Catseye ones he's got on there, but they're not dual filament.

Hey Geek let me know how they work out for you. I really like the Catseye ones he's got on there, but they're not dual filament.

Will do. I'll post up a thread for all the changes that I'm making to the max. I'll probably start pulling the tin's off this weekend. Here's the list of crap that I've got coming so far.

It would be nice if I could get most of the wiring done with all the panels off. Regardless, the blinkers look better than stock, and they should be pretty simple to wire in. Just need to find someplace interesting to mount them.

-GL

Front Rotors (ordered)
Front Calipers (ordered/paid)Front Caliper Adapter Busa to Max (ordered)
Radiator Shroud (ordered)
Belly Pan (ordered)
Handlebar Grips (ordered)
Tail light (ordered)
License Plate Frame (Canceled - see side mount)
Paint (Need to drop off tins with Jay in Vancouver)
Stebel Horn (ordered)
Rear Shocks (ordered)
Mirrors (ordered)

Master Cylinder Reservoir covers (ordered)
License Plate Side mount (Ordered)
Razor Blades (ordered, but not for motorcycle)
custom fly screen (maybe, talk to Evil bob in UK)
Custom master cylinder reservoir caps (maybe, talk to Evilbob in UK)
Powder Coat Calipers (maybe, talk to Forest grove powder coater)
Replace warped rear rotor (maybe)
Custom flame laser cut front fork cover over to cover yamaha badge and horn (maybe, talk to Lonzol)
Custom seat (Need to drop off seat with Cody)
Custom rear rim for darkside (Too expensive - look for alternatives)
Replace all blinkers (Ordered)
SS/Braided Brake and Clutch Lines (need to research)

Ahh - Mod Monkey. Your charms never cease to entice. Until everything is JUST right (or until the wife takes a peek at the credit card statement), I shall obey your every prodding...

Ahh - Mod Monkey. Your charms never cease to entice. Until everything is JUST right (or until the wife takes a peek at the credit card statement), I shall obey your every prodding...

Yeah, the mods are fun and very seductive, but that's ok. This particular bike was purchased with the very intention of customizing.

Now my rocket ... I have no idea how I ended up with a supercharger and a sidecar on that beast. That really was NOT the intention. It just sort of "happened" and looking back, I still cannot figure out what series of events led me down that road.

Thanks Satariel:

Does the 17" wheel require a modified swingarm? How wide will the rim be?
It depends how wide tire you want to use.

Rim is 5,5" or 6" but i would recomend 5,5.

5,5 rim takes 180,190, 200 tires as well but max 180 without notching the swingarm.

In my mod you will find exchangable bearing sleeve so for example specific sleeve can be match to specific tire. Personaly i have two sleeves. One for 190 tire and one for 200 tyre. Obvioulusy 200 sleeve is longer 5mm then 190 one.

I've run on 200,190,180 tyres and there was no any difrence beteween 190 and 200.
17inch 200 tires are preatty hard to find and you can find lots of 190 tires so the choice is simple :)

IMO 190/50R17 is ideal for v-max.

On more thing to be say.
With 190 tire you have 2mm offset and with 200 tire you have 7mm.
None with 180.

:hijacked:

It depends how wide tire you want to use.

Rim is 5,5" or 6" but i would recomend 5,5.

5,5 rim takes 180,190, 200 tires as well but max 180 without notching the swingarm.

In my mod you will find exchangable bearing sleeve so for example specific sleeve can be match to specific tire. Personaly i have two sleeves. One for 190 tire and one for 200 tyre. Obvioulusy 200 sleeve is longer 5mm then 190 one.

I've run on 200,190,180 tyres and there was no any difrence beteween 190 and 200.
17inch 200 tires are preatty hard to find and you can find lots of 190 tires so the choice is simple :)

IMO 190/50R17 is ideal for v-max.

On more thing to be say.
With 190 tire you have 2mm offset and with 200 tire you have 7mm.
None with 180.

:hijacked:

Hey Satariel:

Yes, its hijacked, but I actually started the thread, and I solved my blinker issue, so it certainly doesn't bother me.

Anyway, I am interested. Are you able to do a 16" Rim that is 6" wide? I would prefer not to modify the swingarm and the 16" rim gives me more options.

If you will go with 180 tire you can use un notched swingarm as well with 17" rim.

In know that suzi wheel will able you to keep plastic dust cover. Thats why im using
them. Its all depends with rim hub diameter. I've converted yama and kawi wheels and they have to small hub to keep dust cover.
Its still works great but looks like shit.

Im not familiar with any 16" that may fit v-max. And also im not planing to make one and its to costly to make experiments.

I hihgly recommend 17", 5,5" rim with Michelin sport tire and you want be disapointed.

If you will go with 180 tire you can use un notched swingarm as well with 17" rim.

In know that suzi wheel will able you to keep plastic dust cover. Thats why im using
them. Its all depends with rim hub diameter. I've converted yama and kawi wheels and they have to small hub to keep dust cover.
Its still works great but looks like shit.

Im not familiar with any 16" that may fit v-max. And also im not planing to make one and its to costly to make experiments.

I hihgly recommend 17", 5,5" rim with Michelin sport tire and you want be disapointed.

Thanks for the information Satariel. I'll certainly keep this in mind as I do a bit more research on my end.

you offering them to sale for anyone interested?

Yeah Garret. For know i have a full knowlage to sell them.
So if anyone is intrested just PM me.

Have some problems at the start with bearings in my first wheel.
But fix the problem and done 3k miles on it without any problems.
Will be more but... as propably most of you knows becouse of my crash.

Also, already 7 guys riding in my wheels localy and even one form Chech and never heard any problems.

You can look there...ill post some more pics tomorrow.

I can machine aluminium adapter like i did in mine wheel.
Pics or adapter also tomorrow :)

Last edited:
sounds good man. probably won't be something i'd do soon but interested in the mod nonetheless

Back