Motorcycle Rain Jacket for the Tropics ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
I bought from Ebay a motorcycle jacket for about $70 with a lot of protection, waterproof and vents...it is really HOT inside with or without rain. Unfortunately I live in the tropics and the climate can be soaking hot or humid hot or hot. The thing is that most jackets have polyesther linings that make the jacket HOT inside and you begin to sweat more than what is raining. Is there out there a reasonably priced motorcycle jacket that breaths, is not hot, maybe doesn't come with a lining and gives a bit of protection? Yeah, I know...if you want the best of them all you gotta pay dearly. Or maybe not. Need something light.

Appreciate...Al

Note: Somebody told me Frogs Toggs...??? What model ?

Here you go Transformers style

colete-protetor-de-braco-coluna-motocross_iZ2XvZxXpZ1XfZ60792319-242674567-1.jpgXsZ60792319xIM.jpg

I picked this up this year:
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/...rocket_phoenix-style+mesh+jacket+-+aka+trench

All mesh 'better than nothing' protection up top, complete with pads for impact. Zips right up into the rainsuit as if it were a native liner when things get wet.

It's as comfortable as a 90 degree day can be. Not sure how it would hold up to tropical humidity as I don't have any personal experience with that in riding gear of any kind.

The rainsuit rolls up super compact as well, and has a built in holder for a 2nd visor, so you can bungee it to the grab bar and/or use it for storage when it's not on your back. Pretty slick setup for $120 total.

Mmmmm, Transformer style...I don't think so. I am a bit more on the conservative style, but thanks for the the idea.

I do like the Joe Rocket Mesh Jacket. Definitely a mesh jacket. Thank you, vmaxers !!! You helped me a lot.

Al

Latest posts

Back