motorcycle superstore shinko's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I just ordered a shinko tourmaster rear tire. $76.00 plus shipping. Came to $83 and some change delivered. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I just got that same rear tire from them a few weeks ago.
Just be VERY sure you check it before it gets mounted.
I didn't and I had mine mounted only to find out that it had been slashed in the sidewall at the warehouse.
Since I had it mounted already I am still trying to get a replacement sent to me.
The want me to pay to have it unmounted and them ship it to them Before they will send a replacement.
I refuse to spend $90 on mounting/unmounting/remounting for a $76 Tire.
That would leave me without a rear tire so I'm attempting to get the email addy to someone in a supervisory or managerial position.
So far the customer rep will NOT supply that info.
Until I get a new tire I was told by the mechanic that I could ride on it as long as I was careful not to overstress it, which completely defeats the purpose of having a VMax.

Attachments

• DSCF4251.jpg
    DSCF4251.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 37
Here you are, took me about 3 minutes after reading your post. I used to do this all day, every day.

Send certified mail, return receipt requested letters stating your concern, to the registered agent & the CEO/president, w/your cellphone # & email. you will hear from them soon!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE][/FONT]PPBPRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 1[/SIZE][/FONT]1555 E MCANDREWS RD #200[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CSZ[/SIZE][/FONT]MEDFORDOR97504 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Country[/SIZE][/FONT]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Please click here for general information about registered agents and service of process.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE][/FONT]AGTREGISTERED AGENT[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Start Date[/SIZE][/FONT]07-21-2004[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Resign Date[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Of Record[/SIZE][/FONT]086012-96TT ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES, LLC[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 1[/SIZE][/FONT]888 SW 5TH AVE STE 1600[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CSZ[/SIZE][/FONT]PORTLANDOR97204 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Country[/SIZE][/FONT]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE][/FONT]MALMAILING ADDRESS [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 1[/SIZE][/FONT]1555 E MCANDREWS RD #200[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CSZ[/SIZE][/FONT]MEDFORDOR97504 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Country[/SIZE][/FONT]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE][/FONT]PREPRESIDENT [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Resign Date[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Name[/SIZE][/FONT]DONALDMBECKLIN [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 1[/SIZE][/FONT]1555 E MCANDREWS RD #200[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CSZ[/SIZE][/FONT]MEDFORDOR97504 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Country[/SIZE][/FONT]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Type[/SIZE][/FONT]SECSECRETARY [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Resign Date[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Name[/SIZE][/FONT]TED BENNETT [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 1[/SIZE][/FONT]3560 ROGUE RIVER HWY[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Addr 2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CSZ[/SIZE][/FONT]GRANTS PASSOR97527 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Country[/SIZE][/FONT]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=1049890&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_print=FALSE

I just got that same rear tire from them a few weeks ago.
Just be VERY sure you check it before it gets mounted.
I didn't and I had mine mounted only to find out that it had been slashed in the sidewall at the warehouse.
Since I had it mounted already I am still trying to get a replacement sent to me.
The want me to pay to have it unmounted and them ship it to them Before they will send a replacement.
I refuse to spend $90 on mounting/unmounting/remounting for a $76 Tire.
That would leave me without a rear tire so I'm attempting to get the email addy to someone in a supervisory or managerial position.
So far the customer rep will NOT supply that info.
Until I get a new tire I was told by the mechanic that I could ride on it as long as I was careful not to overstress it, which completely defeats the purpose of having a VMax.

I went through all that already, bought a rear....was great...got 3500 miles out of it....my bud bought a set and the shop mounting it called him and said the belts or something in both tires was bad....40mph you get a lumpity lump ride, and can't take your hands off the bars...over 80 your fine....and now we can't burn this tire off fast enough.....
Went up the food chain, same answer....send it in and we will send a replacement, but will not pay for the original mounting/dismounting/and mounting again, and will not pay for shipping, and with our case...they will have to send the tire to shinko to check the tire before they send us a new one.

They just lost 2 customers, especially when I had bought a set from them every year for the last 5 years for one of my 3 bikes.

We now buy from Cycle Gear or local independent shop and have them mount and warenty.

Im with redbone,burn the junk off, in front of a video camera.Then post it here. You almost always get what you pay for. I am happy to spend top dollar on tires.Hi speed blow-outs kill.Cock your wallet and get a Avon, metz or big name with the proper speed rating so you have peace of mind.Just think of that little contact patch your relying on with your life. That my two cents.

I have Kyle locally, but it'd be Cycle Gear if not for him... I will continue to do Metzler's though. I've heard a lot of bad lately about Shinko's from the local clubs... We've got thousands of Crotch Rocketeers in Tampa Bay so I don't know a percentage......:confused2:

I got my tire in three business days, Checked it over and it was all good. Got it put on and balanced for $23 and tax. I went on a 150 mile ride today, all is smooth and straight. I ran it up to 110 with no issues. So far so good.

I have 1200 miles on front and rear and everything is good. I hit 90mph all the time and 110mph a few times. 135mph one time. onley thing is one handed the steering wobbles a little and sometimes at low speeds it wobbles time to time. Anyone know if all vmax do this or could it be the front tire. my kawasaki voyager did the same and i put a superbrace progressive springs and a e3 tire on it and it was alot better but still did it from time to time. The shinko tire is rated for 149mph so it cant be that bad. but i do think i will put a little more money into the front tire next time around. as for the rear cheap is best for me. one or two per year adds up and a better tire wont last any longer.

I don't skimp on brake pads or tires, two things which can have an important outcome on your use of the bike. I have never used a Shinko, but I have used a Kenda or a Nitto in the distant past, no problems but they wore quickly, more than a Dunlop K491 I might have bought instead. I did go back to the Dunlops after I wore-out the Kenda or Nitto. Korea, Taiwan, second-tier suppliers for the $-conscious. I just replaced some Sumitomos (Japan) on my GMC truck, they were just about to the wear bars. I had one-too-many instances of them breaking-loose in the rain and I haven't had the same problem with my Michelins. I think you get what you pay for. In my experience, tire wear does have a correlation to price/manufacturer, and I can lay-claim to ~45 years of bike use.

I personally chose shinkos because of my riding style. I'm far more interested in traction, drags and light to light riding, than longevity or any type of long distance rides. The price is secondary. If the Metzler tire had offered a softer compound like the shinkos, I would have looked harder at them.

I personally chose shinkos because of my riding style. I'm far more interested in traction, drags and light to light riding, than longevity or any type of long distance rides. The price is secondary. If the Metzler tire had offered a softer compound like the shinkos, I would have looked harder at them.

I rode a pre-existing shinko tire on the stock rear for about 30 days , prior to going radial . I found it to be very skittish in the wet. I had r-1 brakes on the rear at the time , which gave me all the rear stopping power I needed , and more , in the dry. My tire provider is also a racer and tire tester for ( then Maxxis ) and now for Dunlop. While testing for Maxxis , he also tested other brands for comparison. Shinkos were spooned on for him , but after about 3 laps he pulled back into the pits and told 'em to take 'em off , " they were too inconsistent ". He's riding a $60K GSXR1000 and didn't like what he was testing at all .

I have 1200 miles on front and rear and everything is good. I hit 90mph all the time and 110mph a few times. 135mph one time. onley thing is one handed the steering wobbles a little and sometimes at low speeds it wobbles time to time. Anyone know if all vmax do this or could it be the front tire. my kawasaki voyager did the same and i put a superbrace progressive springs and a e3 tire on it and it was alot better but still did it from time to time. The shinko tire is rated for 149mph so it cant be that bad. but i do think i will put a little more money into the front tire next time around. as for the rear cheap is best for me. one or two per year adds up and a better tire wont last any longer.
I'm on my third set of Shinko's. I've never had a traction problem in the rain. Just drove 220 miles mostly on wet road. They don't last a long time. One other thing I've noticed is they take a little more weight to balance than most other brands. I used Dyna Beads this time around and added and extra 1/2 oz in each tire after rode testing. They are a decent ride.
Two sets of Dunlop Qualfiers were enough to convince me they aren't worth putting on.
Steve-o

Anyone know if all vmax do this or could it be the front tire.

Ah, the good 'ol vmax wobbles. Short answer: Yes, it's a very, very common problem with the Vmax, and really any other bike from the 80's. There are more causes of wobble than hours of the day but the big three:

1. Tire problems (balance, cupping, low PSI)
2. Steering stem bearings
3. Frame mis-aligned from the factory(the bike "crabs" ever so slightly)

I've had new tires, Progressive springs, lowered an inch, new stem bearings, adjusted bearing tension a million times, tried different tire pressures, and everything else. My high speed wobble is considerably better than before, but it will still wobble if you shift at the top of 4th(130), pull too hard on the handlebars, are on anything short of a glass smooth road, or it's the third Tuesday of the month.

It's an 80s stoplight bruiser, not a modern crotch rocket. Wasn't really designed to go the speeds the motor's capable of.

Really any bike from the 80's has these issues. I've ridden Hondas, Suzukis, Kawi's from the 80s/early 90s and especially Harleys (brand new ones) that have speed wobble issues much worse.

Back