Murdered my 85- give your honest opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking paint!:eusa_dance:
May I suggest you add to the "How to" threads? - "How to apply rattle-can paints and finishes"
Cheers!
Seems like questions re your painting prowess are bound to continue, Mr. Stone. The unruly masses are demanding answers - from someone that has done this professionally.
Please spell out the specifics (brands and types of paint, primers, cleaners, etc., sanding and polishing techniques, cure times, etc, etc.)Perhaps include a few pics?
It's true that there has been lots of info added to the database about painting...using the "Search" function can be hit or miss....but nothing in the "How-To", other than engine touch-up. It would be so groovy to have a topic dedicated solely to rattle-can painting, and it would no doubt grow in size, as others ask their own specific questions (myself included), and others add their own tips. All bundled together, in one neat thread!
Do this not only for your fellow Maxers, Mr. Stone. Do this for God and country.
p.s. did you know about the $500.00 check that goes to "How-To" contributors??? Just sayin":biglaugh:
Cheers!

got a new tach, speedo, string of 30ft of leds and a bunch of carbon fiber goodness. pics to follow

so this is the last little project I'm going to be able to do for a while. Went bat shit crazy with blue leds. even in the daytime the pavement glows when I'm riding. Its a little intense but you can never be too visible when riding in Florida.

Here are some pics:
CAM00879.jpg

CAM00889.jpg

CAM00890.jpg

CAM00888.jpg

and a few vanity shots for good measure
CAM00828.jpg

CAM00833.jpg

Here in So. FL riding-around w/that much blue illumination will earn you a stop by the constabulary, as any blue other than on a LEO vehicle is illegal. I have seen them stop people for it. They stop people for running strobes while underway.

I think your bike looks pretty-good w/the mono-black theme. I am usually not a fan of that, but yours looks better than most using the theme. Nine pp. to-date speaks for itself.

from what ive read it legal?

still ive dealt w cops pulling me over for stupider shit. 50 y/o buddy of mine was riding w his wife and she actually got arrested when a cop pulled her over for her exhaust. That said when shes pissed she can say some pretty interesting things and, tho he insists she was compliant, if Ive learned anything about biking and cops its this-
attitude goes a long way.

supertach II installed, shitty carbon vinyl cover is temporary until my speedo gets here.

from what ive read it legal?

still ive dealt w cops pulling me over for stupider shit. 50 y/o buddy of mine was riding w his wife and she actually got arrested when a cop pulled her over for her exhaust. That said when shes pissed she can say some pretty interesting things and, tho he insists she was compliant, if Ive learned anything about biking and cops its this-
attitude goes a long way.

Depends on the state. Any blue light anywhere on any non-emergency vehicle is illegal in Illinois for sure. Though I see loads of people running with them. It's pretty much just a reason to get pulled over if they suspect DUI or know you were speeding but missed the clock and want to give you a hard time.

Digging the minimalist bars and gauges. I suggest swinging by your local hardware store and seeing if they carry black bolts or caps for your handlebar mount. With everything else blacked out they sort of stand out.

Depends on the state. Any blue light anywhere on any non-emergency vehicle is illegal in Illinois for sure. Though I see loads of people running with them. It's pretty much just a reason to get pulled over if they suspect DUI or know you were speeding but missed the clock and want to give you a hard time.

Digging the minimalist bars and gauges. I suggest swinging by your local hardware store and seeing if they carry black bolts or caps for your handlebar mount. With everything else blacked out they sort of stand out.

yeah it may get me pulled over eventually. The reason I ised so many was cuz my gf followed me home one night after i painted it and commented that she had a hard time seeing me.

I can get a shit ton of hardware from my job I may play around w black bolts but for now all my excess energy has to be focused on moving. Shits taken 4 days already and still not done. Plus new place doesnt have a garage :/

Any reason you installed a tach that only goes to 8000 rpm? Redline is 9500 till later years then lowered to 9000.

tach was a cheap impulse buy. my bike is my daily driver so it rarely sees over 6k.

honestly almost didnt install it until i realized i could piggy back off the t boost. it doest have a two stroke option and the vmax reads half if wired to the stock tach wires

You could put the leds that change colors that way .
Oh sorry had wrong setting on my lights.:)

Back