My buddy sends you a little holiday slobber

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slobbered a little to at first, before I noticed the dog, sorry, lol...

About the dog though, how would you ever let that thing in your house?

Having had Great Danes for the last 25 years I feel I'm qualified to answer your question.

If you free feed, starting with puppydom, the dog dosen't drool nearly as much. Yes it is as simple as that. I've had Danes that rivel that Mastiff in weight and are much taller but with proper training are "great", well behaved pets. It is a real big dog door though.

Lew

Having had Great Danes for the last 25 years I feel I'm qualified to answer your question.

If you free feed, starting with puppydom, the dog dosen't drool nearly as much. Yes it is as simple as that. I've had Danes that rivel that Mastiff in weight and are much taller but with proper training are "great", well behaved pets. It is a real big dog door though.

Lew

I know you love your great danes but they do not rival Mastifs in weight not even close. Post a pcs please I have to see these dogs.

Thanks for the advice, but I've never heard of anyone free-feeding a Mastiff successfully. They eat themselves into hip trouble, it seems.

Hi "2stangs",
I have only one "stang"---- a '66 hipo coupe

Nigel died 8 yrs ago on Thankgiving Day at 225 lbs. He easily looked over a 6' fence and was our biggest Dane. I know 225 lbs isn't as heavy as a really big Mastiff gets but our good friend who breeds and shows Mastiffs hasn't had one of that mass.
Lots of modern American Danes are a bit "whippity". Bread tall and thin. The older German stock( if you can still get them) are larger in all ways with Mastiff like heads.

Lew

I noticed your in Redding,Ca. We mated Nigel to a large Dane in Grass Valley many moons ago. His offspring are large and in No. Calif. Look up Gibson (worlds tallest dog). He is Gibsons grand father.

Jay,
I really only know about free feeding my own dogs, I'll retract how easy it is. I've just seen how other dogs react when the food comes out once a day. Our current Dane, Rocky is very "jowly" but has the "moisture" of a much smaller dog.

Latest posts

Back