My Chevelle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choctaw

Reaction score
Hey guys just dropping a line to say hey and maybe give a little update on the Chevelle resto I had the interior guy come by and take a look,,,,,,WOW !!! I just thought working on my Max was expensive ,,,for a complete interior kit, that will just recover everything and replace a few things depending on the vendor is between $1300 and $2200 and another 2 grand to have it installed,,,,excuse me I am feeling a little sick:ummm::ummm::ummm:

^ Yes, Restoring Classic cars is definitely not cheap.
But they also tend to sell for a decent dollar if they are restored to 100% Stock/New Condition.

I had a 69 Camero SS in the late 80s.
I spent $900 for it and put about $2500 into it and it sold for $17,500.
The only consolation is that you can definitey recover your money and almost always make a profit if you ever sell it.

im doing a 67 impala ss convertible... i COMPLETELY agree on your assessment of cost. lay the easy stuff yourself, carpet, doorpanels, dash, as much as you feel comfortable. that stuff is easy. the only things im getting done is the seat recover and top install. a lot of the interior stuff is bolt on/ screw in.

a complete interior and top w/rear glass is just a hair over 3800 for me. but thats cdn, i think if i get it from the US, im betting i can get 700 to 900 off. the top install in betting will be 600 to a 1000.

restoring these cars is a daunting task but the amount of pride i get when you get thumbs up and great comments from the public... its worth it. good luck on your resto!

peace,
evan...

I'm working on an 86 Mustang Gt Convertible at the moment. I agree with everyone about the expenses. I just spent ~$2000 on a 5 lug / brake upgrade. I've got a list but I'm afraid to add up the costs :Sad:

Any pics of the Chevelle?

SS Dodge, like the Ramchargers! Big wedge? And what happened to the"D?"

Like NST said do all you can your self. carpet door panels are easy & if I remember right you can buy the seat covers & foam if you ned it for the chevelle get you some hog ring pliers & you could even do the seats . I plan on doing my own seats in my girl friends Mustang I am working on.

Good eye FM...........It didn't have the D when I got it, I looked for a bit for good one but got sidetracked with the performance upgrades over the years and it bacame a joke amongst friends, "That DO GE will hunt"..........:biglaugh:.........I used it primarily for the late night T&T sessions every weekend.........:punk:..........Tom.

I see these advertised on SpeedTv alot. Not sure how good they are though

WebCovers.gif

Man you guys never cease to amaze me,,, what a great bunch of guys!!! I am really busy for the next 3 weekends but I am ordering some stuff and hope to have some before and after pix to post by the end of October or so. Ride safe guys,,, fists to the wind!!!:punk::punk:

You are not alone...money pits come in many shapes and sizes...:worthy:

Attachments

• DSCN0051.jpg
    DSCN0051.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1558.jpg
    DSCN1558.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
LOL, I have plenty of those pits too!

Probably could have save some money on the 5 lug conversion (have the front end stuff as well as a 3.73 rear end I need to sell).

My dad has a 67 Impala SS 427 (hardtop) and loves it. Hasn't driven it in years but we need to finish his 468 engine build and get it on the road. Maybe if we get lucky we can get it done next year.

I've been putting off my 69 Bonneville Convertible for a long time too. Spent a near fortune getting the interior fixed. Nobody makes the parts for the big non chevy cars so it's harder finding good stuff.

LOL, I have plenty of those pits too!

Probably could have save some money on the 5 lug conversion (have the front end stuff as well as a 3.73 rear end I need to sell).

My dad has a 67 Impala SS 427 (hardtop) and loves it. Hasn't driven it in years but we need to finish his 468 engine build and get it on the road. Maybe if we get lucky we can get it done next year.

I've been putting off my 69 Bonneville Convertible for a long time too. Spent a near fortune getting the interior fixed. Nobody makes the parts for the big non chevy cars so it's harder finding good stuff.
Thats my dream car 1967 427ss 4speed :worthy:

A 427 would be deadly kewl sean. is it a legit code z24 car? auto, std?

This 67 ss convertible is the second one ive owned.. i had a coupe 10 years ago. 327 pg 12 bolt. optioned up decent. had power windows even.

this verty i picked up has power windows too... from all i've researched 12-15% of the cars had power windows, but when they made 500000 of them that year. it was the most produced impala of the 60's....

i love the coke bottle style of the coupe
but a vert is a vert!!!

here's pics of my challenging cars...

first few are the coupe from the late 90s... AKA the one i let get away... teenager, no money, overwhelming project, and lack of tools made me sell the car unfortunately...

F-FWD 13 years... whoops i did it again. but this time i've got the drive, know how, lil money, some patience, and tools/garage space to do it right.
Plus my smoking hot drive train is going back in the car from 13 years ago...

ps. the last pic the tacoma had 3000 miles on it, 6500 lb towing cap, i was over by 50 lbs. you could say it was the break in run, 1000 miles. It didnt reall like going thru the foothills of calgary too much, but had no issues the whole way home. truck still runs like new w/10000 miles on it.

enjoy,
evan...

Attachments

• MVC-490F.JPG
    MVC-490F.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 20
  • MVC-553S.JPG
    MVC-553S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 20
  • MVC-486F.JPG
    MVC-486F.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
NICE, this is a legit 427 car with the rare louvered hood. We don't have the original engine anymore (didn't get it when we got the car back in the 80's). It is an auto car though dad would have preferred the 4 spd. It has power steering and air but manual interior. It does have the chrome trimmed interior and all the correct gauges.

They actually made over 1 million of the impala/caprice line that year. The highest ever production year. But fewer then 800 of the 427ss cars if I remember correctly (may have been a few more then that but still a fraction of the production).

We have debated making reproductions of the hood and insert which is by far the most valuable part of the car. We've been offered some serious money for just that. We are also having trouble locating replacement trim and emblem for the trunk which has seen better days.

Got a few pics on our old website:
http://www.fbody.com/members/one2dmax/OtherCars/1967ImpalaSS427.htm

Sean

cool car man. that louvered hood is an ultra rare piece indeed. gotta keep these old iron beasts on the road.

good looking cars everyone.

peace,
evan...

Rollie, vintage corvette?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Body & interior is stock '56 , motor & tranny not so much , but visually , period correct. 283 ( not 265 cu. in. ) punched out to 292 with fuel inj. alum. heads , 2 - 4s w/ alum. intake , Crane fuel inj. cam , alum. 2 speed automatic trans.

Back