My clutch won't disengage.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMadVmax

Reaction score
I just replaced the broken bolt that holds the clutch lever to the perch. Now the clutch lever doesn't work to disengage the clutch. I've been sitting at my computer for over an hour waiting for someone to reply, so I'm hoping if I post this here, that someone will read it and help me out before the sun goes down...I'm DYING TO RIDE!!

I also don't know how to access the battery...how do I do that? I don't want to have to keep push starting it

Thanks in advance!

howd it brake? i'd be more worried the action that broke caused another issue. did u try bleeding it?

battery is under the driver seat. 4 bolts near the tank access

when push starting . i use 1st gear. i know everyone will say use 3rd. but as that works well for a dirt bike or even a car. i have found 1st gets the job done. ( just sayen)
I hate pushing my max.(when it wants to be a bitch)

Can't understand when you changed the bolt, and it doesnt disengage.

Does the lever work?. Do you feel any pressure when you press the lever. Do you see brake fluid in the small round glass in the clutch reservoir???

So I don't know what's going on officially....apparently NOT the clutch. (I'm a mechanical bone head) I did get the bike jumped and driving...I have a tiny charger on it now and will see how it does tomorrow...I'm sure I have plenty of questions and I will have something to report after my ride (hopefully) tomorrow.

Wish me and the bike luck! :)

So I don't know what's going on officially....apparently NOT the clutch. (I'm a mechanical bone head) I did get the bike jumped and driving...I have a tiny charger on it now and will see how it does tomorrow...I'm sure I have plenty of questions and I will have something to report after my ride (hopefully) tomorrow.

Wish me and the bike luck! :)

Post back here with the results of your ride and ask any other questions you have. We'll get you all ready for the road and you'll be an ELECTRO-MECHANICAL 101 scholar in no time.................

You can just toss the 4 bolts that hold the seat on....don't need them. When the fuel door is clipped down, that holds it in place just fine. Then you can just pop the fuel door and pull back and the seat comes off...nice and easy how every other bike does it.

When you removed the old clutch lever, did anything else come out with it.......oh, say like the small push rod device that fits in there to go between the lever and the innards of your clutch master cylinder? If your clutch worked before you broke the lever bolt, and it don't work after replacing it, then it sounds as if something has fallen out during the exchange. Should be a shaft sticking out with a rubber gasket surrounding it. Also should be a spring sitting in there, over to one side, as well.

Latest posts

Back