My face...it hurts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Fun story...I got my Vmax back together(expect video probably tonight) and yesterday was her first test ride that extended beyond my neighborhood.

So I get her on the road and everything is GREAT! Power feels good,smooth acceleration,shifting and clutching feels tight and race-ish(race clutch and fresh fluid/bleed)But thats for another thread!

Im riding along and everything is GROOVY...till POW!!!!
Somthing of the insect assortment hits me in the head,hard... and gets lodged in the foam between my temple and my helmet.:ummm:

At this point things get fun...hes still in my lid,and alive and PISSED!:bang head: Cause at this point I realise its a F****** hornet and hes stinging me in the head just left of my eye as many times as he can wich turned out to be about 6 times. Manager to pull over and flick him out somewhere between "sone of a bitch! Ouch! 1...2...3...4...5.....6 stings and OH S***hes heading for my eye"

So the bike ran great but first ride of the summer hurt...took some Bendryl cause I didnt know if I was allergic or not and that knocked me out for the night. Just another day in paradise!

lol wow. this almost requires pictures of your eye :D

Got lucky,Im not allergic after all but got pumped on Benedryl and iced it real good. And him being stuck in the foam meant he only stung the same half inch of my head again and again. By this morning its just a red bump.

The buddy I was ridin with thought it was funny as HELL!

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but thats really funny!

Glad you and the bike are ok.

I've had the bumble bee in the t-shirt pocket, and the wasp in the glove, and numerous bee's in the helmet and shirt. It's all part of what makes riding so much fun.

hahaha sorry but i know the feeling. I was riding home and i took a bee to the neck! He stung me and it swelled up within seconds, so i was riding around town with a huge red bump on my neck. Also hit a dragon fly at about 80+mph and i only had a tshirt on. That stung real good..... and was a bit messy:rofl_200:

Jason

That has happened to me twice in my life and it's still funny when it happens to someone else:rofl_200:

Schaudenfruede I think is the word...:biglaugh:

Glad you're OK:punk: I almost went in the ditch cause stinging insects tend to make me do my little girl dance, not conducive to M/C riding.

The buddy I was ridin with thought it was funny as HELL!

C'mon, it was funny :biglaugh: What was that saying; "its only funny 'til someone gets hurt, then its hilarious." Glad you came out of it numbers up. That would have sucked royal ass to get your bike running to laying it down cause of a bug.

I've never taken bee stings in my lid. But one summer I was helmetless and riding my bike. I was just coming home from a day ride and I yawned. At 70mph, a member of this sucker's kin hit the back of my throat. All I could do was add it to the food chain and imagine it was an almond as it went down.

japanesesawyerbeetle.jpg

I couldn't talk for 2 days, I felt like I had a wicked case of strep. I caught a few of these things this summer. They try to bite like hell if you mess with them, they have some big pincers and they scream when you pick them up.

Damn...that's funny.... :rofl_200:but very glad your ok. Summer...what can you say, best riding but the bugs...everywhere!

You should be lucky one got my Buddy on the inside of his Nose. He was kind of funny looking anyway so the wasp may have helped his looks & made some girls feel sorry for him. I Am thinking maybe it should have stung his pecker.:rofl_200:

stuff cartoons are made of! LOL.
A_Man_Being_Chased_By_a_Swarm_Bees_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_110427-161576-639053.jpg

I better not laugh cause karma's a bitch and i sure as hell would be screaming like a little girl getting that shit off of me. I'm deathly allergic to those effers and'll go into anaphylactic shock.
bee.jpg

crap, thought i had all the gear i would need--never thought that i'd need one of these riding down the road:rofl_200:
beeveil2.png

OUCH! That sucks man... Worst we have here is june bugs. Bout like hitting a marble at 70mph.

Lmao I'm glad this thread has some laughs in it, I like brightening peoples day a bit.

And +1, June bugs feel like getting shot point blank with a paintball gun, heavy and armor plated little flying bug-bullets of pain they are!

Rather get my face stung again than catch another June beetle.

Oh and I have a buddy that caught a humming bird in the chest. Said the pain of that must be what getting shot feels like. Lucky he was in leather or it mighty of stuck beak first in him like a dart! Lmao

That is some crap luck. good thing you're not allergic. I'm not sayign there are no wasps up here, but no where near what we had when I was down south. My co worker hit a duck when we were riding last week though.

Back