"My fly" screen that is.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am sharing some pics of my creation to measure the obvious or maybe not so obvious. Still need to disassemble to sand and paint all brackets, but all in all I'm very pleased with the look. I think it fits the lines of the bike well, although still debating whether to cut a small crescent at the bottom of the screen. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• 20231230_131434.jpg
    20231230_131434.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231230_123757.jpg
    20231230_123757.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20231230_123643.jpg
    20231230_123643.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20231230_123347.jpg
    20231230_123347.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20231230_123238.jpg
    20231230_123238.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231230_123044.jpg
    20231230_123044.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
I think a small crescent that follows the profile of the headlight would look good and match the look of the bike. Nice and clean install, looks awesome!

I think it fits the lines of the bike well, although still debating whether to cut a small crescent at the bottom of the screen. What do y'all think?
I like this idea...right now it doesn't look bad but having it cut to follow the lines of the top of the headlight would make it looks like it belongs there better, imo.

...come to think about it, I wonder what flipping the whole screen upside-down would look like?
LOL!! You have almost figured me out! The first part of my post about the obvious or not so obvious wasn't referring to the need to add the crescent or not, It was kind of a test to see if anyone noticed what I did orientation wise, to get the look I want. From the responses so far it doesn't seem that what I've done is "obvious" and I think cutting the crescent out would completely camouflage my "trick". Problem is, cutting the screen may create the look I did not want, that being
a large gap between the bottom of the screen and the lens of the headlamp, much like the one from Yamaha looks. Due to the dramaticly swooped back headlamp it's hard to create a well balanced look. As it is the combination of the cut out on top of the screen and the moving of the tach up and back get the exact amount of lean angle and previously mentioned distance between screen and headlamp I'm looking for. I'm thinking I'll wait until riding season and live with it for a while before I decide whether to cut or not, once it's done there is no turning back. IMHO it looks far and away better than anything I've seen offered in the aftermarket so far. I appreciate y'alls feedback.

LOL!! You have almost figured me out! The first part of my post about the obvious or not so obvious wasn't referring to the need to add the crescent or not, It was kind of a test to see if anyone noticed what I did orientation wise, to get the look I want. From the responses so far it doesn't seem that what I've done is "obvious" and I think cutting the crescent out would completely camouflage my "trick". Problem is, cutting the screen may create the look I did not want, that being
a large gap between the bottom of the screen and the lens of the headlamp, much like the one from Yamaha looks. Due to the dramaticly swooped back headlamp it's hard to create a well balanced look. As it is the combination of the cut out on top of the screen and the moving of the tach up and back get the exact amount of lean angle and previously mentioned distance between screen and headlamp I'm looking for. I'm thinking I'll wait until riding season and live with it for a while before I decide whether to cut or not, once it's done there is no turning back. IMHO it looks far and away better than anything I've seen offered in the aftermarket so far. I appreciate y'alls feedback.
Agree about how the headlight angled back...it makes just about anything we try to put up there a difficult proposition but I think you've done better than most. I tried figuring out how to fix the angled headlight/gauge issue but eventually decided to ditch the stock light for a round, flat headlight & followed another member's idea on the gauge mount. There is no more awkward gap.

Back