My Gen 2 story

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I found the owner of the second Gen 2 in my area, He's kinda out there but thats a different story. He say's hey I'll go get my max & lets go for a short ride. he wants me to meet him at his place at the end of a long dirt road. I told him 8 times NO dirt roads for my max, meet me in town, wow this guy wouldn't take no for an answer! So in town we met & off we go. I never got the chance to let'er buck from a dead stop w/ him, only a couple of unplanned ( on my part ) roll on's. He had the misses w/ and commented that the two of them wieghed in at about 500lbs, at a glance I determined that he was not lieing.
The road was a MN frost heaved mess! my max is running great & i'm whuppin on it like a redheaded step child, trying my damdest to keep up. I couldn't close the gap from when we started but I wasn't getting any farther behind iether. ( at least I don't think so...lol ) I shut her down some where fairly deep in the triple didgits cuz by now we are skipping down the road like a rock accross water.
Part two when I get back from work.

I found the owner of the second Gen 2 in my area, He's kinda out there but thats a different story. He say's hey I'll go get my max & lets go for a short ride. he wants me to meet him at his place at the end of a long dirt road. I told him 8 times NO dirt roads for my max, meet me in town, wow this guy wouldn't take no for an answer! So in town we met & off we go. I never got the chance to let'er buck from a dead stop w/ him, only a couple of unplanned ( on my part ) roll on's. He had the misses w/ and commented that the two of them wieghed in at about 500lbs, at a glance I determined that he was not lieing.
The road was a MN frost heaved mess! my max is running great & i'm whuppin on it like a redheaded step child, trying my damdest to keep up. I couldn't close the gap from when we started but I wasn't getting any farther behind iether. ( at least I don't think so...lol ) I shut her down some where fairly deep in the triple didgits cuz by now we are skipping down the road like a rock accross water.
Part two when I get back from work.
We stop at the local watering hole and he bets me 50$ that there was a 12 yr continuous span that max was not made, I didn't have to be drunk to take that bet, My buddy looks it up on his cell to show him and he forks over the cash. you could tell this guy was genuinly a nice guy, but boy did he have his facts about a bunch of stuff all wrong.
That gen 2 of his pulled hard, I'm thinking he could miss a gear and I'd still come up on the shortend of the stick. not the most interesting story I'll agree, but I'm stickin to it.
Shorthair.........

i dunno man the bike wasnt made 1972-84 or any year prior. you may owe him some money lol:rofl_200:

I've had a few people think that too, that the Max disappeared after the 80's. Even the wikipedia says something to that respect, or it used to. They ask the year, and when I tell them it's a 97 they're all surprised.

Who would want to go for a high speed ride on frost heaves and dirt roads? It's a Vmax, not a dirt bike. He's got 60 horsepower on you, so surprise! It's faster. But you have the genuine article v-boost, what I think makes the Max such an extraordinary bike. Exists only "in spirit" on the Gen II.

Sounds like your friend doesn't have all his facts straight. I luv my vmax and I mean no disrespect to a fellow brother but I've driven a Gen 2 and
the only way a Gen 1 would beat me is if I had the fat lady from the circus strapped on the back!!!!!!!!

Yankee

Last edited:
Sounds like your friend doesn't have all his facts straight. I luv my vmax and I mean no disrespect to a fellow brother but I've driven a Gen 2 and
the only way a Gen 1 would beat me is if I had the fat lady from the circus strapped on the back!!!!!!!!

Yankee
I'd need a SC on my 97 before I took a Gen 2 on. Even then...:worthy:

Back