My new ride..... come on summer!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well 1 Hayabusa seemed like it should have been enough. But a second one found its way into the shop.....

TurboBusa20011-2013.jpg

The cockpit!

2001TurboBusagauges1-2013.jpg

It has a really loud short exhaust system......:biglaugh:

20130130_151617.jpg

I don't want to jinx myself by posting any numbers yet, but a couple of pro grudge bike racer friends of mine said high 8's shouldnt be a problem once I get settled in.

We'll see:biglaugh:

Todd

Congrats man ! High 8's shouldn't be a prob at all. We built a stroked 1509cc busa about 10 years ago that ran 8.80's with a 175 lb rider on motor. Once you figure out the 2 step you'll be honkin'. Good luck with it !

Bike looks great:punk:. I'm suprised to see you on the board. I thought you would buried alive in your gun business.

My buddy that runs the grudge racing bike, has run 7.02@202 mph. His buddy set the world record in their class last year I believe he said it was 6.89@212 mph!

That my friends is flat out flying! I ll be happy with 8.90's as a street bike. This is 100% streetable bike.

My other Busa should run 9.90's I am hoping and its 100%stock basically. So I am going to see. I ll have to get a family picture soon!

Thanks
Todd

Looks nice todd. That exhaust must sound wild.

Its actually not that loud really. I mean its loud, very loud, but not like you would think. That swirly thing under the radiator really quiets the exhaust down.

Pretty looking bike. Definitely too much of a bike for me to handle haha. How much boost is it running?

I love that rotary muffler! Never had one of those. We ran the big fan up front for one season, but I kept breaking things, so we went back. SO are you actually thinking of bringing that beast on a ride, or are you going to ride it 1/4 mile at a time?

If I were 30 years younger... and 100lbs. lighter... and had some money...

DO you still have the '97?

and its 100%stock basically

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The 99 Busa is stock.

Busawithusedpanelspart2.jpg

I have all new black plastics coming for that one as well. I ordered them a week before I got the 2001.

I think I am going to keep both Busa's. The 99 stock one I can put the wife on back. The 01 has too much electronics underneath the skin to put a seat on back there :biglaugh:

The swirly exhaust is a first for me too. So I am sure it will take a little getting used to. I am not 100% sure where the boost is set right now. I haven't done anything other then fire it up a few times. Going to take it over to my buddies dyno guy and have him put a tune on it and run it up. See what happens with it. I'd be happy with 250 hp at the wheel, everyone said I should see around 275 with the setup as is, possibly close to 300 if everything is tight and sound. The motor feels good and strong. Its running really fat right now.

I ll ride this bike on the street alot. It wont be a drag only bike. I bought it to mainly ride on the street and take it to the track with the Vmax.

Todd

Latest posts

Back