My own cannonball run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I worked all day today. Now I'm leaving in about ten minutes to go to the airport. I'm flying to Tampa, getting a ride to Zephyrhills to spend the night there. Then I'm jumping in a car and spending the next 2 days driving back to New York, in time for work on monday. It should be an interesting weekend. Hopefully all that nasty weather is gone. I wish I had some time to shoot over to Oldsmar, but not this time.

This time of year & that trip, sounds like a 'drive-away' of a snowbird's car back to Queens from their FL mobile-home-park second home. If you were a FL resident & doing the opposite, I'd say it's a return of rental cars (well, this rental car!) to the North in-time for the spring thaw and car rental demand. Then, the flight back to The Sunshine State. Did a few of those in my time as a young man.

Two 550-mile days? Should be a piece of cake. On the road by 0700, off by 1900 hr. Don't forget "South of the Border!" You can supply all your pyro friends with illegal fireworks ("f-m" neither endorses nor approves of circumventing state prohibitions against incendiary devices which produce a loud report)

phase one complete, i'm in sunny zephyrhills now. I went from 45 and rain to 76 here. The drive will be a piece of cake. I figure on 14 hours tomorrow, and the last 5 on sunday. Thats what I did when I came down with the car. believe it's 1350 miles.

I worked all day today. Now I'm leaving in about ten minutes to go to the airport. I'm flying to Tampa, getting a ride to Zephyrhills to spend the night there. Then I'm jumping in a car and spending the next 2 days driving back to New York, in time for work on monday. It should be an interesting weekend. Hopefully all that nasty weather is gone. I wish I had some time to shoot over to Oldsmar, but not this time.
Have a safe trip ! I wish you had time to stop by to.

I go from SE FL to SW MI & it's 1351 mi. end-to-end. If you want the scenic route, US 27 starts in Miami with its southern terminus just south of I 195 going out to Miami Beach across Biscayne Bay & goes through the center of MI to the Mackinac Bridge. crossing into the U.P. of MI.

Have fun on your trip up the east coast!

Phases two and three complete. I dropped the guys car off at 9:00 this morning. I shouldn't have used the words " piece of cake". I got caught up in stop and go traffic around savannah Georgia. Next thing the car starts dinging and lights are flashing on the dash. The car is pegged on hot. It's a long story, but after 3 hours of getting everything figured out, the electric fan stopped working. As long I was going down the road, the temp stayed good. I figured the best way to stay out of traffic was to run all night, so thats what I did.
Oh yeah, I guess I can confirm that all the nice weather stories are true. When I left the Tampa area on saturday the forcast was for 88 degrees and sunshine.

Phases two and three complete. I dropped the guys car off at 9:00 this morning. I shouldn't have used the words " piece of cake". I got caught up in stop and go traffic around savannah Georgia. Next thing the car starts dinging and lights are flashing on the dash. The car is pegged on hot. It's a long story, but after 3 hours of getting everything figured out, the electric fan stopped working. As long I was going down the road, the temp stayed good. I figured the best way to stay out of traffic was to run all night, so thats what I did.
Oh yeah, I guess I can confirm that all the nice weather stories are true. When I left the Tampa area on saturday the forcast was for 88 degrees and sunshine.

Glad you didn't get stranded. You could have hot wired the fan if it worked & it was the switch bad. Also, running the heater on full helps if you have to get somewhere. Thankfully, none of that was needed.

Yea for what happened ,it could have been a lot worse. When it all first happened, my mind was racing with "now what".
Kyle, I'm sure I'll be back often, with my mom living only an hour from you.

Latest posts

Back