My two babes... Yeti and Grizzly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike

Sometimes its frustrating that when we wanted it ready it just keeps failing on you. I had an oil leak pounding my head for almost a month. And when i only have the weekends to work on it makes it even worse. If any of you think of refurbishing the bike, double the planned time and budget. There are always things that show up and you were not counting on them. I already missed most of the rallies this summer. At least im going to one in a couple weeks...

I know it all too well!
I always say it takes longer and costs more money than you expect. Doesn't really matter what you're talking about, it applies to everything.

Just redid my clear cover with LEDS. Turned out nice... Now need to take care of the others...

08092012837.jpg

08092012838.jpg

Got my clear cover fitted and wired and also fitted the rear brake pressure switch... Today i did something that goes against my rules. Every mod i do needs to be reversible and today i cut my frame. Its reversible to a certain extent... I can always weld it back... LOL... Oh by the way i cut the frame to fit my new seat/tail section. When its fitted in place i'll throw in a picture...

And i also fitted the cylinder side covers that Todd offered me. Looks nice doesn't it? Thank you Todd for the complimentary offer.

img5993ey.jpg

img5995e.jpg

img5998g.jpg

img6000ps.jpg

img6005dg.jpg

Very clean install, no need to hide the wiring when the final result looks like this. :worthy: Those cylinder side cover do look good! Nice work as usual Fred! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Thanks Paul and Brian. The only downside is lacking time to do stuff. Now i need to get the fairings on and take care of fitting the exhaust...

Got my clear cover fitted and wired and also fitted the rear brake pressure switch... Today i did something that goes against my rules. Every mod i do needs to be reversible and today i cut my frame. Its reversible to a certain extent... I can always weld it back... LOL... Oh by the way i cut the frame to fit my new seat/tail section. When its fitted in place i'll throw in a picture...

img6005dg.jpg

Are you going to put in a support between the cuts?
It looks like there might be some flex allowed between each suspension mount :confused2:

I know a guy that had a crack open up on one side of the frame where you put your cut, the bike was horrible in corners and you could hear the metal creaking

Are you going to put in a support between the cuts?
It looks like there might be some flex allowed between each suspension mount :confused2:

I know a guy that had a crack open up on one side of the frame where you put your cut, the bike was horrible in corners and you could hear the metal creaking

I need to take a good look into it John. Thanks for the reminder. I need to check clearances and such coz i don't want to mess a lot with it...

I need to take a good look into it John. Thanks for the reminder. I need to check clearances and such coz i don't want to mess a lot with it...

You might get away with beefing up the brace that's behind the fuel cap, we all know how flexable the Vmax frame can be in corners

You might get away with beefing up the brace that's behind the fuel cap, we all know how flexable the Vmax frame can be in corners

Yes i was thinking of that. I need to install a seat latch on that exact crossbar so i can do a tilt seat setup (with hinges in the front by the faux tank latch) to access the fuel cap. I will also have to do some "seats" for the seat no to distort when weight is applied on it and thats when i'll address that properly...

Well i've been thinking of doing this for a long time. Enough paying high bucks to the polisher to get my stuff done. Got an used water pump that my dad had laying around in the basement and turned it into this... Now its gonna start the polishing frenzy.

Attachments

• 22112012853.jpg
    22112012853.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 22112012854.jpg
    22112012854.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 40
Nice bikes dude! Hey, just a stupid little tip you might not know... Go to Oriellys, and buy a can of "bumper black". Its a plastic and vinyl TINT. NOT PAINT, TINT. It soaks in and tints almost all polymer based products. I use it on all my motorcycle seats. The V-max seats always fade to three different colors. A quick spray of the black tint and they look brand new and all match. And it doesn't build up or come off. It soaks in and basically revives the vinyl to it's new color. Been using it for years and it will work wonders on a dirty or faded seat. It will make several different shades of black all match.

Hmm, not sure if there's a Oreilly's in Portugal, could be wrong though.:biglaugh:
Fred does some amazing work to his bikes that's for sure!:punk:

Back