Myrtle Beach 2008

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeza

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm a new member from UK, own 2 max's, usually vacation on the Isle of Man for the TT, no speed limits and a V-max under me woooohooooo.
Next year I'm visiting Myrtle Beach for the spring bike week, any usefull information will be welcome, I've never been to the states before.
What should I expect, visit and avoid.
Geeza

Why not go to Thunder instead of Myrtle? Thunder is the biggest VMAX event in the US

Geeza

Take my word for it, don't waste your time at Thunder, shitty town, second rate Rally, lousy entertainment, dysfunctional V-Max owners and the weather sucks.

Now Myrtle Beach is a fun town, like an adult theme park. Great town, first class entertainment, national music acts, great restaurants and the beach.

Just look out for the cops, they can be a pain in the ass.

I had much more fun in daytona myself. This last year wasn't quite as exciting as 2002 was (the last time I went) but still fun.

Sean Morley

Daytona Beach has my vote too. Course I've never been to Sturgis, but would like to one day.

In Daytona there is so much to do and see.

Dayton is a fun place to party...but the riding sucks. Long, flat and straight.

Hi All
I'm a new member from UK, own 2 max's, usually vacation on the Isle of Man for the TT, no speed limits and a V-max under me woooohooooo.
Next year I'm visiting Myrtle Beach for the spring bike week, any usefull information will be welcome, I've never been to the states before.
What should I expect, visit and avoid.
Geeza

My dad and uncle have been going to myrtle for about 5 years and finally quit.It has been ruined by the cops and local govt.They tried each year to get me to ride down,too hard to ride that far, that slow for me.

Thank you all for the replies, I'd love to visit them all at some point in the future, reason I'm going to Myrtle beach is to visit a vendor who sells my products there, I'll have to make a V-max door plaque if people are interested, sorry if that sounds like spam, not intended, I'll remove that bit if admin wants.
Geeza

Thank you all for the replies, I'd love to visit them all at some point in the future, reason I'm going to Myrtle beach is to visit a vendor who sells my products there, I'll have to make a V-max door plaque if people are interested, sorry if that sounds like spam, not intended, I'll remove that bit if admin wants.
Geeza

what kind of products do you sell? more vendors = competition and cheaper prices for us

I've come to hate bike rallies... Nothing but a bunch of pissed up red necks that think Harley invented the motorcycle. Just no fun for me. Thunder was OK but not what I thought it would be. Florida anything gets my nod over PA anything. Sorry.

NOW! For fun hire a bike and do the Tail of the Dragon...:thumbs up: Why there isn't a big Vmax rally at a Drag strip or at the Tail is beyond me... :confused2:

Geeza

What the hell is a door plaque?:ummm: We need VMF door plaques... You would have to run that by Buster Hymen though.

Latest posts

Back