N. Utah to Monterey

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingD

Reaction score
Hey all. Just got done with the longest ride of my life. Yeah, it was as hard as you all said it would be. I did it in two and a half days, so not too bad. So my ass wouldn't be this sore if I had a different seat?:ummm: Anyway, love my new max. I left Utah on Wednesday at 0700. Traveled 260 miles the first day arrived in Elko Nevada at 1200. Stayed with my inlaws in Elko. Left thursday at 0930. Traveled about 300 miles, arrived in Reno at 1500. Left this morning at 0730, traveled 320 miles and arrived in monterey at 1400. All in all a tough but cool ride.

Total travel time: about 15 hours
Total Mileage: About 890 Miles
Average Speed: 77 MPH before I hit CA.
Top Speed: about 120 MPH
Average Gas Mileage: 47MPG
Best Gas Mileage: 53 MPG
12 stops for gas and stretch.
:cheers:

awsome man, im jealous. I LOVE THE WEST (except california) God i wish i had my bike out here so i could ride it home

awsome man, im jealous. I LOVE THE WEST (except california) God i wish i had my bike out here so i could ride it home

It was an awesome ride.:punk: Between winemucca and reno was a little brutal because of the winds, other than that one stretch I had a great ride until I hit CA. Coming out of the sierras was cool, then I got to sacremento and it all changed. Hot, Traffic, CA drivers.....:bang head:

Next time your in Reno let me know??????? I do the Reno to Monterey trip for the Moto GP at Laguna Seca. More curves and mountain pass's around than---- well ---- most places.
Lew

Didn't they just have the Moto GP last month? Like Clintard said in the other thread. Small world.:coolgleamA:

Yep,
Nicky is having a bad year. He has been taken out in the first corner of at least 2 Moto GP races.
It is a small world:biglaugh:

Hey all. Just got done with the longest ride of my life. Yeah, it was as hard as you all said it would be. I did it in two and a half days, so not too bad. So my ass wouldn't be this sore if I had a different seat?:ummm: Anyway, love my new max. I left Utah on Wednesday at 0700. Traveled 260 miles the first day arrived in Elko Nevada at 1200. Stayed with my inlaws in Elko. Left thursday at 0930. Traveled about 300 miles, arrived in Reno at 1500. Left this morning at 0730, traveled 320 miles and arrived in monterey at 1400. All in all a tough but cool ride.

Total travel time: about 15 hours
Total Mileage: About 890 Miles
Average Speed: 77 MPH before I hit CA.
Top Speed: about 120 MPH
Average Gas Mileage: 47MPG
Best Gas Mileage: 53 MPG
12 stops for gas and stretch.
:cheers:

i just road 280 miles in the last 24 hrs with the wife on the back of my V-max and we hit a top speed of 130 mph :cheers:
you get way better gas mileage then me. my wife only weighs 120 lbs with her gear on and the back pack she was wearing probably weighed 25 lbs. i weighed 225 with gear and helmet. my back pack probably weighed 25 lbs as well. we were on the road for about 5 hours and we stopped for gas 4X; so i figure we were averaging 33 miles to the gallon. my UFO exhaust and stage 7 jet kit are thirsty. but i must say at the end of the day i get more azz and i drink more booze than my V-max be haulin ass and suckin gas.............

what year is your max.......

what year is your max.......

2003. I also weigh about 220 with all my gear on, and had about 60 pounds of gear I had strapped to the bike. The first stretch (Between Toule UT and Wendover NV) when I was seeing what she had I only got 32 miles to the gallon. So I kept it slow (tried to stay around 80) from there on.

Latest posts

Back