Name that tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, you guys get to play with some real cool tools / toys!!! I am tube-jockey most days spent in front of the computer, and I miss the days of Engineering and Quality Assurance!!!

he he he

This is a fun game.

How about this little sucker?

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 38
Looks like a Peening tool. We used them in the shipyard to stretch shrinkage in heavy plate.

It's used in the repair of cylinder heads. The idea has been in use for about 20 years.

This is my latest tool at work. I made it easy for you and didn't crop name off machine.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_3546.jpg
    IMG_3546.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 29
3D printer? Given that you printed the brake caliper adaptors before, it would be an upgrade?

3D printer? Given that you printed the brake caliper adaptors before, it would be an upgrade?

Not really, the local high school printed the prototypes of the adapter. This is a high end 3D printer that we just got at work. It has a small tray build size, but all of the parts I design will fit in your hand. Max size is about 8" block.

This one has two material build cartridges in it at one time. It can mix these two material (about 25 different base materials) to create over a hundred different materials, and can create parts that have different material properties in it in a single build. One of the demo parts is a hair brush, it has a rigid handle, but the bristles are soft and flexible.

Gary

Back