Nash flash and burnouts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
All right, so I have done the Nash flash, and the DD mod. And is it just me or is it just the child in me (kid in a candy store) just find it exhilarating, and hilariously funny that the you can just do a burnout on command?? I shift gears but the burnout doesn't show where I shifted, it's just a constant black mark in the road. Still getting used to the second clutch spring so my launches are pretty slow at traffic lights, and getting used to the throttle response with the Nash flash. Having to learn how to ride my gen 2 all over again.......... But I did drift a corner right in town, not purposely, forgot about the whole Nash flash, oops. Glad I didn't high side, that would have been a bad day. Tim should send a small sticker for the tach. That reads "Nash flash stupid" lol. Besides the deffening VooDoos and eye candy mods, it's a sleeper sorta, I never put on my "gurued" plaques.

Third gear burnout possible........ Speedo reads off the rear tire, because it was going 122mph, but when I let off and it caught traction I was going 78mph, lol. It takes some steady control to keep the rear tire behind you, lol........ Going into the mountains tomorrow, Twisties.

To think I had to help talk you into to a Gurued Gear re-flash.....:rolleyes: SMH

This is recorded in slow motion....just cracked the throttle in first from a roll, and then you can see I chicken out in third gear because like you mentioned spinning the tire above 80 mph can get a little sketchy.

To think I had to help talk you into to a Gurued Gear re-flash.....:rolleyes: SMH

I was on the fence, but you helped push. Glad I did though......... Research helped also. After seeing what was, and could have been done, I think I chose wisely.

It's from Snapchat, but it's pretty straight. I had to let off, no way was I going into a corner with the tire spinning that fast.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1857699140.jpg
    Snapchat-1857699140.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 57
I got pretty good at drifting my 01, not sure I will ever purposely try that on the 2012..lol

I would drift my 97 allot lol, I did my 18 a few weeks ago, not on purpose forgot about the flash, and got on it in the middle of a corner in town, I was caught off guard, but didn't high side. Once I get allot more miles on it, and learn how it reacts I might start drifting it, it took me awhile to drift my 97 and get comfortable doing it.

Last edited:
I love seeing a a group of heads turn when the chrome shiners hear you nail it and light it up...comical at times! Roll back around to the same place later on and you'll usually have a group surrounding the VMAX asking what the hell is this thing!! :)

All the Harley guys look to see what coming, running VooDoos so it's not subtle by any means lol. But I think allot of them know what it is, I get a bunch of thumbs up.... Schooled my buddy over the weekend with his FZ09 triple.... Took him into a few Twisties, and cough "accidentally drifted a corner" cough.... He's amazed to say the least lol. First thing he said after we stopped for a break, dude your rear tire went side ways....I laughed said yeah I'm trying to learn to drift it.... He just looked at me, speechless lol. Then he couldn't believe how long a left a strip in first gear lol. I just said yeah, that was only first gear, I didn't have room to shift lol. Again he just looked at me speechless lol. I think the best was showing off for a nice looking blonde with her bf in a Nissan Pathfinder.... Third gear burnout leaving a light with 5 or 6 Harleys behind me lol.... Two of them passed me just to give a thumbs up.... Never saw that Pathfinder again.... But there was a bunch of smoke at that intersection bahahahaha.

Back