Need help to identify this screw!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPure

Reaction score
Hey guys. I tore down my max last Aug, and am FINALLY getting it buttoned back up. Did a 1300 swap, carb clean/rebuild, and tons of powder coating. So after having everything apart for so long, I can't remember how the Vboost linkage is supposed to go for sure. And this screw I'm almost positive had something to do with Vboost, but I can't figure it out. And is the cable block and all that correct in the linkage pic? Looks like somthings missing or... I dunno. Just doesn't look right to me.
I had the screw in the bracket for the pic, but I don't see any purpose for it other than holding down the cable housing. Thanks

Attachments

• screw for what.jpg
    screw for what.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Vboost linkage.jpg
    Vboost linkage.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 40
does it go thru the black (plastic i think) slider thing?

okay, thanks man. I still don't see it's purpose. So my next question I guess is... there was also a little washer keeper thing with a weldnut on it that I believe was under the head of that screw when I took it off. Any idea what that would be for? Do I need to post a pic?

here's the little sucker

Attachments

• weldnut.jpg
    weldnut.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 24
Boy...I don't know about that one. Maybe it goes under the metal bracket and the long screw threads through it? Isn't the bracket threaded? Mine is and I don't think Ive ever seen that part before. Gonna have to leave it up the the real pro's on here. sorry.

it's threaded m6x1.0 and the long screw is m5x.8 I really have no clue, unless a prev owner stuck it on there for some reason. Thanks for your help though.

Looks like that was cut off the main bracket that supports the CDI and coils.
Sean

Latest posts

Back