Need rr wiring help!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstone8952

Reaction score
The connector between my rr and stator was bad so i tried to pull it open and it disentigrated...

i need to know how the 3 white (maybe yellow?) wires from the rr to stator need to be wired. they have no labels and im kind of stumped...

bikes an 85 totally stock. its my only transportation atm so any help is greatly appreciated

does not matter. any way you like. do a good job with that connection. i suggest you dont use butt connectors.. twist them together and then solder . or if you dont have time....wire nuts will get you by.

does not matter. any way you like. do a good job with that connection. i suggest you dont use butt connectors.. twist them together and then solder . or if you dont have time....wire nuts will get you by.

+1, doesn't matter.

the "eggwhite" one goes on the left, the one with a white stripe goes in the middle, and the one that's flourescent white goes on the right

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

When he says twist them together its not the 3 all together...Its each one by its own... Get a new connector from gannon here... Its sumitomo type connectors...

Solder and shrink wrap is the way to go, if you don't want to install a new plug. Good butt connectors with shrink sheathing will work too. Or, a piece of shrink tubing over the butt connections. The secret to butt connectors is to use the proper crimping tool.
I like the plug option for myself. Deutsch connectors will work well and last a long time, also they are sealed. OEM types are available like Fred mentioned.
Steve-o

Steve-o

I have them $7.50 for a set includes shipping to you...... Now what connector was that again?

G

Latest posts

Back