Need Some Feedback on My Latest Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attached is a combination wiring diagram with ladder logic type layout. My objective for me was to generate a layout drawing that was easy to follow and less confusing that the typical wiring diagrams. This drawing covers the Ignition system and I will be doing another drawing for the other systems fed from the fuse block. I'm interested in whether or not this drawing layout appears to be easier to use.............especially for those not trained in electrical systems and components. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you don't like it, I'm looking for any additional recommendations for the drawing style. I have already started on a drawing showing the actual wiring colors for the wires...............similar to the colored wiring diagrams.

This diagram is for my 93 and what ever others are the same as the 93.

Attachments

• VMax Schematic1.pdf
    9.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
A good start.

I suggest adding a legend for the colors, and when you do add colors, 'fatten' the lines.

I don't have the 90-07 but here's a clean 85-89 setup

Attachments

• VMax 85-89 complete wiring.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
I don't have the 90-07 but here's a clean 85-89 setup
Thank you.............didn't know this existed. This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve with the 93 diagram although I'm looking at a little different method by primarily using the ladder logic layout. Some good ideas. Is the original dwg format still available? It appears to be an AutoCad drawing. I tried to find a member named Gary Dinges shown on the drawing but no results.

Attached is a combination wiring diagram with ladder logic type layout. My objective for me was to generate a layout drawing that was easy to follow and less confusing that the typical wiring diagrams. This drawing covers the Ignition system and I will be doing another drawing for the other systems fed from the fuse block. I'm interested in whether or not this drawing layout appears to be easier to use.............especially for those not trained in electrical systems and components. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you don't like it, I'm looking for any additional recommendations for the drawing style. I have already started on a drawing showing the actual wiring colors for the wires...............similar to the colored wiring diagrams.

Thank you for the Diagram and I have downloaded this copy. Well done. Will be following for updates......👍

Thank you for the Diagram and I have downloaded this copy. Well done. Will be following for updates......👍
I am currently updating the drawing and will post it again when I get close to what I consider to be the best layout. Will also add the suggestions like legend and drawing version information and date so people can figure out what is most recent rendition.

Its very good, I like it. But I make my living working on CNC machines. Label the connectors and all electrical devices.

Back