New Battery(F.Y.I)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamahauler

Reaction score
My Vmax is in warm storage(heated garage) at a relatives house, for the winter. Last time I was up to where my Vmax is stored, I tried to start it so it would stay limbered up for the next riding season and found that the battery was DOA, and woudn't keep a charge. So, I bought gel cell battery on Ebay for only $67-inc. S/H. The battery is made by MotoBatt. I haven't installed it yet, but the sealed battery seams to be well made.

Sealed AGM batts are the way to go. Any AGM brand is better than lead acid. Went with a 22 A.H. for $56 shipped. Going on 3rd season, no trickle charger used anymore, no mess. Fires right up after sitting 2 weeks in the Norteast winter weather unheated.

On advice from someone on this forum, I got an Odyssey PC680. Very pricey, but worth it IMHO. It's a dry cell, can be mounted in any position, and is truly maintenance-free. Had it in for almost a year now, no trickle charging, sometimes sits for 2 weeks due to the weather, and always starts right up.

On advice from someone on this forum, I got an Odyssey PC680. Very pricey, but worth it IMHO. It's a dry cell, can be mounted in any position, and is truly maintenance-free. Had it in for almost a year now, no trickle charging, sometimes sits for 2 weeks due to the weather, and always starts right up.
Sitting for two weeks isnt' a very good test IMO, My almost dead one sits for 2 weeks and works too, and it's almost dead.

Latest posts

Back