New battery.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new battery, mine died and I am hoping to get one from autozone or another store rather than waiting till Tuesday.

Any ideas?

I was lucky enough to find one at Autozone. It is not normally a stocked battery size. It was 64.99 for the battery also.

Yeah I called to find if they had any and they asked what category? I dident have a clue and it's sitting in a parking lot on post so I can't run out to the garage and look.

I got mine from Napa in 09....no problems. I would think an autozone battery would work fine. They should be able to cross the yuasa oem #.

I got mine from Napa in 09....no problems. I would think an autozone battery would work fine. They should be able to cross the yuasa oem #.
A regular Yuasa OEM battery should be much less then $65 bucks. I just got one last week for $49.00.Check your local cycle supply dealer, if theres one in your area:biglaugh:

While you have the OEM battery out, you might want to do the battery box mod and put in the next size larger battery. More cranking amps, and they seem to last much better than the OEM undersized ones. The larger battery fits the older Venture royales, and other bikes - think it was the same as in my old XS100 too. N18L size group. Seems like the larger battery has much more reserve power available for times when you get stuck in traffic when the idle speed isn't necessarily producing enough voltage to keep up with the demand when the fan kicks on etc..

While you have the OEM battery out, you might want to do the battery box mod and put in the next size larger battery. More cranking amps, and they seem to last much better than the OEM undersized ones. The larger battery fits the older Venture royales, and other bikes - think it was the same as in my old XS100 too. N18L size group. Seems like the larger battery has much more reserve power available for times when you get stuck in traffic when the idle speed isn't necessarily producing enough voltage to keep up with the demand when the fan kicks on etc..

Quoted For Truth.

Back