New best..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Went out again last night, tach wasn't working so I was guessing at launch rpm but still went 11.20's at 117.5mph and I'm still weighing about 280lbs in my gear.. I know there's more time in it, with some more tuning and practice in some good air I think it has a 10.90 in it but that's about it... Time to start messing with the nitrous next! :punk:

Thanks everyone, there's still more in it yet... Pretty sure I can get 11.0's out of it on the right day... Sprayed it on the street over the weekend but its still real fat so trimming back the fuel jet and working it out but it was still pretty dumb, hit it in 2'nd and it lifted the front tire about 6"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Was the 11.20's with the spray & air shifter ? I wanna extend my swingarm 3 inches like you so I can launch a little harder just need some more cash first.

I used the air shifter but not the spray, with a working tach I'll be able to launch it better and with some good air I think it'll at least run in the teens and maybe even 11.0's but with the juice it'll run deep into the 10's easy..

how much are you going to spray? i have had nitrous on my cars could nt imagine what its like on a vmax

how much are you going to spray? i have had nitrous on my cars could nt imagine what its like on a vmax

Using a 50 shot right now, only time I tried it was pig rich (10:1 on the wideband O2) so I dropped 2 fuel jet sizes but haven't had a chance to check it again but it picked up a ton of torque! Gonna be interesting once I get it ironed out...

Awesome!

What else is done to the bike?

Todd

This winter I ported the heads myself (didn't go crazy, didn't want to kill velocity) and milled them .020" but other than that its just got an old Kerker on it and a Morley's muscle jet kit.. There are other things too like a dyna and cops but those really don't make horsepower.. I stretched it 3" and lowered it some and put a Kosman 18"x6" welded rear wheel (heavy as shit) on it with a 200/50-18" Shinko verge on it.. took some weight off the front with the early forks and 85 wheel though, need to scale it again to see exactly where I'm at, it was 600lbs on the nose before.. Next thing I'm gonna try to do is make a reverse cowl scoop for the air lid, the lid chokes the shit out of it... There is no reason I should be running smaller than stock main jets, if I can lessen that restriction then I should be able to go up in jet size and snatch a few more HP

This winter I ported the heads myself (didn't go crazy, didn't want to kill velocity) and milled them .020" but other than that its just got an old Kerker on it and a Morley's muscle jet kit.. There are other things too like a dyna and cops but those really don't make horsepower.. I stretched it 3" and lowered it some and put a Kosman 18"x6" welded rear wheel (heavy as shit) on it with a 200/50-18" Shinko verge on it.. took some weight off the front with the early forks and 85 wheel though, need to scale it again to see exactly where I'm at, it was 600lbs on the nose before.. Next thing I'm gonna try to do is make a reverse cowl scoop for the air lid, the lid chokes the shit out of it... There is no reason I should be running smaller than stock main jets, if I can lessen that restriction then I should be able to go up in jet size and snatch a few more HP

I was at the auto parts & saw a mini Hoodscoop looks almost the perfect size to go on the faux cover. I almost bought it only like $ 15 bucks

If you see something like that again Kyle just go ahead and pick it up and send me the bill, you know I'm good for it! :) I got the extra driveshafts and they look great, thanks bud!

If you see something like that again Kyle just go ahead and pick it up and send me the bill, you know I'm good for it! :) I got the extra driveshafts and they look great, thanks bud!

If I remember tomorrow I will go see if they still have it & get some measurments just to make sure it will fit.

If I remember tomorrow I will go see if they still have it & get some measurments just to make sure it will fit.

Thanks, only if its pretty cheap though cause work has been kinda slow here lately :(

The Hood Scoop Kyle saw should be the perfect size. I bought some for 2 sides to go on the front of my FZ8 to
make it a Mini Max. Just have to shape mine to fit. Quality is very nice, chromed plastic, body molding tape install.:clapping:

Latest posts

Back