New bike booby trapped

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishop169

Reaction score
OK so i've had my 98 v-max "Velma" for a little over a month..thing is mint haven't found an issue yet until yesterday.. I jumped on the bike from the right I know wrong side and as my weight 190lbs was enough to snap someone cheap a$$ welding job on the kickstand... bike dropped fast since i wasn't seated right yet bent up the shifter...

I know i'm cheap but who the he11 welds a kickstand rather then replace it...

Just figured i would share

Is it lowered or 17" rims? A lot of people weld or heat and bend kick stand when lowered. But that really blows

:ummm:Why would someone weld the kickstand, unless it was dropped/damaged, if stock?

An excuse to buy new parts!:biglaugh:

It may have been lowered at some point in time and the PO returned it back to stock before he sold it to you.....anyway , contact Sean Morely, I'm sure he can sell you a stock one fairly cheap.

I have stock cores and can take your core in probably. BUT, when we lower then we cut and weld them. Plenty of guys on here have our stands and never an issue. We do fully tig weld them so they are plenty strong as well.

Agreed. If done correctly it's not going to come apart. Our welder is aircraft certified (I can get the specific certifications if desired since that is a generic term). His welds are verified via sonic and destructive testing every 3 months. Mainly his day job is welding inconel and stainless. Some aluminum work at the day job but minimal. He gets most of his aluminum and steel welding refreshers out at the shop here lol.

Sean

Latest posts

Back