New drag race video

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuecoDoc

Reaction score
This was my third time out and I mounted the camera. The second time I ran, the starting-line dude walked around it and asked if it was turbocharged. Two runs were almost identical, ET 11.7 seconds at 123ish with RT 0.66 twice. My 60 foot ET is around 2 seconds.

I am at 4000' elevation and that costs half a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ey8aezWi2w

No mods, but the recording unit was mounted at the back of the back, so it got more exhaust sound. I was happy to not get a lot of air noise. I will wrap that unit in a towel next to prevent some transmitted chassis vibration.

My only mod was unscrewing the mirrors :)

thanks for the :punk:cool video,nice consistent runs.what was in the other lane,anything worthy to mention?

Thanks. Hopefully I can keep that consistency and improve. It was a GSXR 600 in the next lane on two of those runs. A couple of weeks ago there were a few Hayabusas and at least one ZX14, but just that 600 was there this time. Regardless, I was very surprised to win those runs.

I've been shifting early in 1st because of other people's experiences but at this altitude (i.e., lower engine output) I might be able to go higher in 1st without losing traction. Hopefully that will help me.

Back