New here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPX38

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I just wanted to introduce myself and get to know the forum better. First off I do not have a Vmax yet, however I am very interested in buying a 1st gen 2007 Vmax.

The bike I am looking at is a black 2007 Vmax with 6000 KMs on it. When looking at Vmax's is there anything to look out for? The guy who is selling it is asking 7 500$.

Also if anyone could send me the link to auxiliary fuel tanks it would be greatly appreciated. My dad has a Honda ST 1300 and we were planning on going for a long tour and the small gas tank and rather poor gas mileage of the Vmax would be an inconvience because my dad's bike gets around 3 times the range of a stock Vmax.

Thanks and hopefully in the near future I will be riding a Vmax with the rest of the forum!

Welcome to the Forum. Good Luck with the 07. You'll Love it here, Great People...

Hey guys and girls,

I just wanted to introduce myself and get to know the forum better. First off I do not have a Vmax yet, however I am very interested in buying a 1st gen 2007 Vmax.

The bike I am looking at is a black 2007 Vmax with 6000 KMs on it. When looking at Vmax's is there anything to look out for? The guy who is selling it is asking 7 500$.

Also if anyone could send me the link to auxiliary fuel tanks it would be greatly appreciated. My dad has a Honda ST 1300 and we were planning on going for a long tour and the small gas tank and rather poor gas mileage of the Vmax would be an inconvience because my dad's bike gets around 3 times the range of a stock Vmax.

Thanks and hopefully in the near future I will be riding a Vmax with the rest of the forum!
:biglaugh:auxiliary fuel tank:biglaugh:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/in...rep.com/acatalog/vmax-online.html&CatalogBody The first gen actually gets good milage on the hwy.40 to 50 mpg.:welcome_sign:to the VMF.......Rusty

The first gen actually gets good milage on the hwy.40 to 50 mpg.:welcome_sign:to the VMF.......Rusty
LOL, i drive too fast then.

Welcome, im in the saskatchewan area. There are lots of organized Vmax rides thruout the year around there. feel free to drop me a line here and ill tell you more about it if you are interested. great guys and girls, fun times.

peace,
evan...

Things to look out for that i know of is a bad second gear... In second hammer throttle and if u feel skipping knock 2000 off the price...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

His bike gets 3X the mileage/to a tank, but what about his prostate? Most people are ready to take a break after 125 mi or thereabouts. The older you get the less miles you feel like riding before a break. Forget the Iron Butt people, those folks wear catheters to avoid stopping.:biglaugh:

Hey guys and girls,

:rofl_200::rofl_200:you crazy bastid:rofl_200: fire-medic:rofl_200::rofl_200:

welcome aboard spx38!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to see some Canadian guys on here too.

What would be a realistic range of a Vmax? My dad can ride for around 4-5 hrs without a break. I certainly can't but the only reason I am looking into fuel auxiliary tanks and what not is the distance between gas stations in Canada. My dad and I are planning a trip across Canada and in the prairies there are very few gas stations (Saskatchewan haha) and messing around with jerry cans is kind of a pain.

When I test drive the Vmax I will make sure the second gear doesn't skip. From the reviews the Vmax seems to be a very reliable bike but I just want to make sure I don't buy a bad Vmax.

Evan - Once I get a Vmax I will send you a PM and we can go from there.

Thanks again!

if the bike is tuned properly and you behave....you can get about 120 miles. after that ya better be gassin her up.

:ummm:
What would be a realistic range of a Vmax? !

I think it depends ALOT on how you ride. (and perhaps any mods)

I have a relatively stock max and the last two fill ups Ive averaged.43 mpg. (so that'd give me 160+ miles per tank)

That is in town ..NO hiway at all. BUT shes still new to me..so Ive been goin easy..just to make sure everythins working ok .

ymmv

T$

:ummm:

I think it depends ALOT on how you ride. (and perhaps any mods)

I have a relatively stock max and the last two fill ups Ive averaged.43 mpg. (so that'd give me 160+ miles per tank)

That is in town ..NO hiway at all. BUT shes still new to me..so Ive been goin easy..just to make sure everythins working ok .

ymmv

T$

That seems pretty high MPG for a Vmax. The miles will mostly be hiway / interstate so mileage won't be that bad. I guess I won't need an auxiliary tank anyways.... thankfully. The extra fuel tank that replaces the dummy tank was around 1500$. Not in my budget right now haha.

As for mods, don't even tempt me. I've spent so much on my truck I don't even want to talk about. Supercharger, intake, full exhaust, drop, audio etc = lots of $ spent
100_1232.jpg

If it runs good and is tuned right then they will just sip the fuel if your not riding real fast, if I keep it to around 50-60mph I get about 40-45mpg so I can go 130 miles before the fuel light and by that time I'm ready to stretch my legs anyways... A bike that was designed in the early 80's that will run low 11's and still get 40-45mpg is a good deal to me :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Realistically most Vmax do not go much past 120 miles before the reserve light comes on, at which point you have 0.8gal left in the tank. 120 is actually the upper limit for most, my '86 used to get 105miles to reserve for every tank.

You have a few choice for extra tanks - there used to be a larger Exactrep plastic one (I have it) but AFAIK they no longer make it.
There are some that replace the 'faux-tank' over the airbox, they usually are quite pricey and not to everyone's taste in the looks department.
There are also some that replace the pillion seat, pretty cool if you're only gonna ride one-up.

Unfortunately all those extra tanks are usually sold at exorbitant prices! I reckon the best and most effective way to increase your range is to get a good set of saddlebags, and carry a couple of 4gal jerrycans in them. If you want you could always run a line from each with a standard bike fuelcock so they empty themselves directly into the main tank once you reach reserve.

Realistically most Vmax do not go much past 120 miles before the reserve light comes on, at which point you have 0.8gal left in the tank. 120 is actually the upper limit for most, my '86 used to get 105miles to reserve for every tank.

You have a few choice for extra tanks - there used to be a larger Exactrep plastic one (I have it) but AFAIK they no longer make it.
There are some that replace the 'faux-tank' over the airbox, they usually are quite pricey and not to everyone's taste in the looks department.
There are also some that replace the pillion seat, pretty cool if you're only gonna ride one-up.

Unfortunately all those extra tanks are usually sold at exorbitant prices! I reckon the best and most effective way to increase your range is to get a good set of saddlebags, and carry a couple of 4gal jerrycans in them. If you want you could always run a line from each with a standard bike fuelcock so they empty themselves directly into the main tank once you reach reserve.

I like your idea naughty but I'd do it with a luggage rack and either a plastic or even aluminum 5 gallon fuel cell for a race car... It would look trick, be easy to fill and would well over double your range...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

If your bike is running good and have a good tuneup on it, 120+ isn't unheard of. On the highway I'm in the low 40's with around town around 38 mpg. If my inner speed demon pops his head out, highway drops to mid to high 30's and around town will drop to high 20's low 30's.

Sean, a forum member and all around excellent gent, makes one that has a one gallon increase in volume (you Canooks will have to do the math for conversion) that is not nearly as pricey. If you are not going to pick up an extended swing arm then you have to eliminate the inner mud guard to make room for it.

He is best reached via email or his Facebook page, look up Morely Muscle. He also has a web page by the same name but it doesn't do much to display His talents to their best effect. I'd certainly check out his Facebook page if only for the pictures.

The extended tank is an option to the extended swingarm (required before or at the same time as the tank). But, you can about get both for the price of just the others tank only. Properly tuned it should easily get 38-42 highway.

Best I have seen was 49 with an overdrive 5th and running 95-100mph.

Sean

welcome to the forum.....cool to see more north of the boarder guys getting these bikes.

like guys say 38-42 on highway is normal and others get higher, i got my bikes both different set ups but avg 39 on highway and thats at a 75mph cruise speed.... iver gotten 42-43 when i back it down to 60-65 and oddly enough once at 80mph, go explain that one, likes to run slow or fast not in the middle hahahah

but anyways good bike, awesome to ride and with a few chg like in brakes and seat, front springs the bike is great to ride and you will enjoy it.

Back