NEW(old)TOY,/econ-o-box,anybody have experience with these?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
A couple months ago I got a temp job and theres been talk that their going to hire me on permanently,and since its a little ride(60 miles a day) I bought a little econ-o-box Mazda Miata.(30+mpg)
When its nice enough to ride the MAX,the wife will take the car with the top down.My question is do any of you guys have any experience with these cars?
Its a 1.8 with a 5spd, runs pretty good and while i haven't hammered it ,it is a fun little car..................................and they have a kit to put a smallblock ford in it:biglaugh:

Attachments

• miata1.jpg
    miata1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • photo (77).jpg
    photo (77).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 15
A friend of mine had one....and REALLY liked it...Its not "fast"...but they are zippy..

A friend of mine had one....and REALLY liked it...Its not "fast"...but they are zippy..

Perfect word, ZIPPY, it will pull to 85 no problem but it starts getting sketchey(and Ive been 150+ on a bike) and Parking is a breeze!

Should deliver good MPG stock , but it would be a lot of fun with the small block drivetrain!..............Tom.

That is the first gen Miata made from 1989 to 1997. They skipped 1998 and came out with the second gen in 1999. I had a 2002 and a 2003 and they are great little cars. Never fast stock but fun to drive, especially with the top down. Very little problems with them. Very reliable. Four of my friends have them. Two gen 1's and 2 gen 2's. They all love them.

In addition to small block kit, turbos and superchargers are available.

Often called a "girls car" but all 4 of my friends that own one are male bikers, three have V-Maxes.

It is a little silly , both my maxes make more power then this car! But it is fun to drive!

It is a little silly , both my maxes make more power then this car! But it is fun to drive!

LOL....nothing wrong with that at all....with the drive that I do traded in the beetle that had 200,000 for a Scion Frs....gets between 33-35 on the interstate. If your driving a distance, having a great "fun" factor means a lot.

Just give it the care you would your bike, pay attention to it, change fluids, & you should have many years of enjoyment. My advice, keep it stock, get great mileage, no problems, and save $$ for the 'Max!

MY daughter & her husband had one (1st series), a great, reliable, fun car. They had no problems w/it.

Just give it the care you would your bike, pay attention to it, change fluids, & you should have many years of enjoyment. My advice, keep it stock, get great mileage, no problems, and save $$ for the 'Max!

MY daughter & her husband had one (1st series), a great, reliable, fun car. They had no problems w/it.

Yeah, with this one Im thinkin stock is good, in fact I ordered a stock exhaust for it, someone put a big resonator and "fartcan"muffler on it, not only is it to loud but it rattles because its too big for the car:bang head:

I haven't got the Mazda, but I have got an Opel 4cyl convertible.
It's a fantastic idea, because basically it just isn't worth modding them. Just have fun the way they are. It's not a race car!

Back