new personal best

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawls

Reaction score
Well, i went to the track for the second time on my zx14 last night and made 1 run before getting kicked out lol. The track at qualcomm will only allow you to run 115 mph on a bike :ummm:. I have a new personal best now. I know that i'll get it down some more with a little more practice. Hopefully i'll be running at barona this friday which is an actual NHRA sanctioned track.

R/t----------.531
60 ft--------1.62
1/8th-------6.40
MPH---------117

how many gear do you use im guessing you finish the race in 3rd

i think that i shift to third around the 330 ft, but can't tell you to be perfectly honest with you. It will run an indicated 140ish in 3rd.

Well, i went to the track for the second time on my zx14 last night and made 1 run before getting kicked out lol. The track at qualcomm will only allow you to run 115 mph on a bike :ummm:. I have a new personal best now. I know that i'll get it down some more with a little more practice. Hopefully i'll be running at barona this friday which is an actual NHRA sanctioned track.

R/t----------.531
60 ft--------1.62
1/8th-------6.40
MPH---------117
just looked at the stats again 117 mph max will get 117 in the 1/4 ....id love to feel the pull of that sucker

you got full coverage? lol too bad you don't live near san diego. we'd swap bikes for a little bit ;). I really need to send my carbs to sean. It's been far too long since i've felt the pull of a v-4. It's pretty much killing me having a max sitting in my garage that isn't running, but knowing that i paid 500 dollars for it is enough for me not to be in too much of a rush. Hell, it can just sit there and be worth more than that :p. I need to put a pc-3 on it and pull the secondary flies so that it doesn't wait until 6k for them to open up. Coincidentally it's also good for about 25-30 lb/ft down low that is restricted from the factory.

Finally ran my supercharged max ( 1300cc) in the quarter . first time drag racing a motorcycle also . i have years of drag racing in cars but never on a bike . wow what a big diffrence between the 2 . 60 ft is hard as hell. here is my best run as listed on stock bike length , stock dunlop tire .

r/t .002
60' 1.850
330 4.829
1/8 7.238
mph 100.91
1000 9.344
1/4 11.156
mph 121.35
a whole lot of room for improvement I was launching at an idle . and on a sunday drive in 1st
every time I tried to pull 1st gear hard I kissed the clouds
I am ordering a 6" drag slick
a pingel wheelie bars
a dyna shift light
and a electric push button shifter
and will begin to race the season at gainesville raceway march 28th
and will post new times later :punk:

Nice work!!!

I just got my slick from M&H (directly). It came in about 3 or 4 days. The guy was very friendly and cut me a deal on shipping. Remember, you need to machine your rear wheel for the tire to seat correctly. I am about to do my 85 rim pretty soon. I'll be interested to know how the electric shifter works at the strip. I plan on calling Pingle directly tomorrow and maybe do a little "digging" and see why this isn't used more at the track. Maybe we can get a deal if we get them from the same place? I know Tom has them as cycle one off. If you want, give me a call sometime to discuss some other things you might want to look at while you are ordering parts.

Jeff
319-461-8969

Do you know the NHRA rules?

I think that at 115 or 120 or 10 sec 1/4 you have to be in full leather, boots, and tethered to the kill switch.

lankee where are ya, chime in here

Were you wearing the proper gear?

or is it the track's max speed?

R/t----------.531
60 ft--------1.62
1/8th-------6.40
MPH---------117

yes I was in full leathers , snell approved helmet , and a tether kill switch .
the rules are as followed
120 mph full leathers required
no top speed at gainesville raceway
and required tether kill switch

Finally ran my supercharged max ( 1300cc) in the quarter . first time drag racing a motorcycle also . i have years of drag racing in cars but never on a bike . wow what a big diffrence between the 2 . 60 ft is hard as hell. here is my best run as listed on stock bike length , stock dunlop tire .

r/t .002
60' 1.850
330 4.829
1/8 7.238
mph 100.91
1000 9.344
1/4 11.156
mph 121.35
a whole lot of room for improvement I was launching at an idle . and on a sunday drive in 1st
every time I tried to pull 1st gear hard I kissed the clouds
I am ordering a 6" drag slick
a pingel wheelie bars
a dyna shift light
and a electric push button shifter
and will begin to race the season at gainesville raceway march 28th
and will post new times later :punk:

Looks Like I'm going to have to take a trip up to Gainesville to help out with some fan support.
Definitely keep me updated when your going to Gainesville copilot.
I'm no mechanic, but I can hold a flashlight or lend an extra hand when needed.
Sounds like it'll be a good time to gather some Maxers together also.

:punk:

you got full coverage? lol too bad you don't live near san diego. we'd swap bikes for a little bit ;). I really need to send my carbs to sean. It's been far too long since i've felt the pull of a v-4. It's pretty much killing me having a max sitting in my garage that isn't running, but knowing that i paid 500 dollars for it is enough for me not to be in too much of a rush. Hell, it can just sit there and be worth more than that :p. I need to put a pc-3 on it and pull the secondary flies so that it doesn't wait until 6k for them to open up. Coincidentally it's also good for about 25-30 lb/ft down low that is restricted from the factory.

Yo Bawls, bring your carbs up to me. I am almost done with mine, just waiting on some o-rings to ship in and they are done.
Dont know what you need exactly but tearing them down and cleaning them aint that hard.
Let me know.

Looks Like I'm going to have to take a trip up to Gainesville to help out with some fan support.
Definitely keep me updated when your going to Gainesville copilot.
I'm no mechanic, but I can hold a flashlight or lend an extra hand when needed.
Sounds like it'll be a good time to gather some Maxers together also.

:punk:
glad you asked I am headed to gaiensville january 31st on saturday, test and tune is from 10 till 4 pm I will be there . . and starting in march i will be running the points season as well , by then I will have my air/ electric shift, wheelie bars , drag slick and shift light too. feel free to come jan 31st , look forward to meeting you .

glad you asked I am headed to gaiensville january 31st on saturday, test and tune is from 10 till 4 pm I will be there . . and starting in march i will be running the points season as well , by then I will have my air/ electric shift, wheelie bars , drag slick and shift light too. feel free to come jan 31st , look forward to meeting you .

Thats going to kick ass. Your gonna have to get Robert to take some pictures and vids :punk:

DAMMIT! Now I'm going to have to work a camera into my budget. Thanks A bunch KJ! LOL!

Robert, Take a peek at this camera, if you decide to go camera shopping.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207464934&listingid=29752531&dcaid=17902

Last summer I got tired of packing around my case and full sized camera so I went to Wallyworld and picked this one up for under $100. 8mp, video, anti shake, rechargeable battery...etc. All in a package, a little smaller than a deck of cards.

Robert, Take a peek at this camera, if you decide to go camera shopping.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207464934&listingid=29752531&dcaid=17902

Last summer I got tired of packing around my case and full sized camera so I went to Wallyworld and picked this one up for under $100. 8mp, video, anti shake, rechargeable battery...etc. All in a package, a little smaller than a deck of cards.

Thanks for the tip KJ,
I had a cybershot for years and loved it. Even those it wasn't great at night.
But it died. So I attempted to take it upon myself to repair it.
Heck I have a good soldering gun, test meter and test light. I figured how hard could it be...
Once I got it open, all the pieces went in the trash.
How those china men do it, beats me. LOL!

new best quarter times
I ran in gainsville again on Jan 31st.
I tried and tried to get below my last best of 11.15 1/4
Did not happen launching in 1st , couldn,t keep my front wheel in check
so I tried a 2nd gear launch oh yeah
1.92 60'
7.2 1/8th
at 105.3 mph
1/4 at 10.86
at 130.6 mph in 4th gear at the finish getting better
not sure what the bike is capable of if I am running a 10.86 with a 1.92 60 ' all I know is 1.9 is slow for a stock vmax much less mine .
any ideas guys ?:punk:

Latest posts

Back