New to me. 2002 Vmax. Come check it out.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with take the course on the MSF's bike when it comes time to take the advanced course, if you decide you want to then take THAT on your Max. The grab rail look GREAT by the way.

Here's a follow up, for what it's worth. I never finished the MSF class. I actually slept in that Saturday when the class was scheduled...

I would have had to repeat the entire class room session over in order to take the riding session and pay the fee again.

Nah.. I took the test at the BMV early October and passed. I'm a licensed rider now. It was definitely tough, with the pressure of passing and noob wielding the vmax in first gear around cones. I really didnt know what the test even entailed so I never practiced for anything specific. I just felt like at the end of summer/september my riding skills were good enough to try.

Anyways.. hope to spend some more time on these forums this spring. I put new tires and brakes on the max before winter storage and I can't wait to get back out riding this spring.

As Spring comes, I hope you will watch for some of the rides up here in Michigan. A lot of rides we get within a few miles of Ohio. If we knew of any windy roads in Ohio, I'm sure we would be there too. I just got my Max last fall and only got to go on like 3 rides, but its such a great bunch of guys- well it's about as much fun as I've had with my cloths on.

Unlike you, I've had a lot of riding, but never with groups. (I got my first M/C endorsement in the early '60s)

Hope to see you in the spring

Craig

I used my Vmax for my test but my brtother and I did the written test at the SoS and then had to ride with a licensed motorcycle rider to the testing location in St Ignace. My buddy with the MC License is a local cop that knew the State Police officer that did the test so he wasn't as "official" with us but still held us to the rules. As I said I used my Vmax and my brother used his FZ-1 and after all the testing was done there was only 4 tenths of second between our times. I was glad I had my front brakes upgraded to HH pads and wavy disc's!
First thing in the spring I take one day to do a final shakedown checking the bike over to make sure I haven't forgotton to tighten a bolt/ lube/ adjust/ fill/ tire pressure/ etc. before I head out to practice figure 8's and stopping on a mark from different speeds. I know I get rusty not having ridden in probably 6 months.

Wow! Just reread this thread! I have come a long way! Wow! hard to believe, not even a year ago I was doing loops in a parking lot and felt totally clumsy!

Anyways, I feel great on the bike now and I'd go so far as to say, "I feel one with my Max". Yes, that's the only way I can describe it.

I know I am still a noob and I am only going into my second season this spring, but I've logged over a thousand miles so far and it feels great.

I hope to meet some of you on Michigan rides this spring. Sarchin and I will take you for a tour of River Road down here if anyone wants to meet in Toledo.

Got my LED brake light swapped in last weekend. I love the results.

Attachments

• brakelight1.jpg
    brakelight1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back