New to Vmax in Ontario! No clutch pressure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll start by saying hi y'all and hope to learn a bit from you about this wild machine! I've got a 1999 Vmax that I picked up in a trade, the good is the bike is very straight and runs nicely when I put in fresh gas.
Everything seems to work other than no pressure at the clutch leaver. I've had to rebuild the slave on an 1100 Honda Shadow. I'd guess the job is similar.
Also I'm about to pull the trigger on tires, I've had good experiences with shinko tires on my old Virago. I was planning on either shinko 230 or 777. Budget is a bit of a concern as it's my slow season up in Canada.

Thanks for the replies and the help. The bike is currently in my shed under a cover. I'll be ordering tires and parts today. My plan is to do the work on my neighbor's garage when my parts come in. So it's likely going to be about two weeks before I can get at much. I also ordered a stainless steel hydraulic line for the clutch, the line is probably OEM from 99 and who doesn't like a little bling?

If the reverse bleed works on the clutch I'll use the slave rebuild kit on the spare motor I have.

Thanks for the info it came in handy getting the slave cylinder out. It was pretty crusty from old fluid. I'm going to use the K&L rebuild kit. The plan is to finish the job today after work. So far I'm digging the bike, despite it being fairly complicated it's not bad to work on. Again you guys are awesome.

Back