New VMax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechN

Reaction score
Bought my first vmax, 2002 with 103k km with only mods being front progressive springs and rear works shocks. Can't wait to get started with the maintenance and buying mods.

That is what's known as 'a well-seasoned block.' Throw some HH pads into the front calipers if it's needing new ones, and some Galfer brake lines or similar/ compatible. You will be pleasantly surprised at the difference in the braking power.

That is what's known as 'a well-seasoned block.' Throw some HH pads into the front calipers if it's needing new ones, and some Galfer brake lines or similar/ compatible. You will be pleasantly surprised at the difference in the braking power.
Definitely, got HH pads and wave rotors waiting for the old ones to wear out, and SS lines on the way. Current looking for cheap headers or full exhaust I can work on, HD oiler kit, carb rebuild kit(need to check current jets and needle size first) and a rear fender delete. Also looking for any extra advice for a vmax this age, already have the steering, wheels and swingarm bearings on the way.

It sounds like you enjoy fettlin' and nothing wrong with that.
As it has lasted 103k's without an HD oiling kit I doubt that one now will be of benefit? Save your money (and time) and invest it in other safety related' items.

The only advice I have is generic: Unless you are a fanatic about preventative maintenance don't replace parts unless they are faulty. For example, I've never read of swinging arm bearings needing replacement. My mantra is 'If it needs replacing do so, if not leave well alone.'

Back