No 2008 VMax now!! Post-poned until 2009!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, Vmax won't be able to compete with Suzuki as far as sales. Vmax is just a cult bike.

Mark

I'm not holding my breath for it to come out. If it did however I can see myself purchasing the new model and having both.

Finally got to talk to the boys at the dealership. Nothing was said about 2009 Vmax at the winter dealer meeting.:hmmm:. My bud said that last summer they got to see the Raider before it came out. There's another meeting in mid June. He said that if he don't see it there then it's probably not coming out this fall.:surprise:

Some friends of mine that I went to school with, thier managers at the family owned dealership up here. When I asked about the new Vmax they said what new Vmax. The new Vmax is just a concept and at the last show and tell they attended there was no new Vmax. and that Yamaha is pushing thier new Raider and there will be a more musclebound Warrior coming out.

He said that chances are its going to remain a concept for a while.

I remember when the dodge tomahawk was rumored to be a production beast, it even got a few ppl excited, including Leno and other cycle enthusuasts, they Even had a couple of functional ones driving around, laying down some rubber for promos.

Yamaha best step up to the plate, the Bking is out, and there is a functional 6cyl, 200 hp bike that is being tweaked to possibly be released.

I'm afraid they are going to put all thier eggs in a v-twin basket when it comes to cruiser bikes.

Well, I haven't been to the site for quite awhile (working as usual) and I was the person that started this thread way-back-when.

I must say that I was very disappointed and let down to see on the lack of perceived progress this "new bike" is getting from Yamaha, as everyone has been waiting forever for it's release and for what...empty promises and false production dates??? I waited and I waited with cash in hand to pay whatever a dealer wanted, but that enthusiasm has come and gone, so I'm not waiting anymore....

I have my 1995 and it's pristine, so I'll just keep it instead and just ride-on. Even if the new bike did come out, I seriously doubt I'd get one now, because I've "moved on" as it were... Not that I wouldn't want one, because I would, but now as I get older, I have different priorities in life to where buying a new, high-powered musclebike to replace my perfectly good stupid-powered musclebike doesn't make sense to me anymore...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a year ago, I wanted that thing so bad I could taste it, but now that my little girl was born, I'm plenty happy with what I have and I'm content. I still LOVE my MAX and I'll still want a new MAX, but that's where it will end...just wanting it, but never having the desire to actually own it, even though I have the financial means to easily pay cash for one. I just don't care about it that much anymore...

I hope for Yamaha's sake they do produce the damn thing, so they don't look like such as azz for keeping us waiting this long and not delivering....

I have my 1995 and it's pristine, so I'll just keep it instead and just ride-on. Even if the new bike did come out, I seriously doubt I'd get one now, because I've "moved on" as it were... Not that I wouldn't want one, because I would, but now as I get older, I have different priorities in life to where buying a new, high-powered musclebike to replace my perfectly good stupid-powered musclebike doesn't make sense to me anymore....

Thats how I feel. last december I walked into the dealership with $10k in hand to put down on the new max. To my dismay I didn't see the " '08 " on the floor. I figured being its the middle of winter it either wasn't there or in storage. Thats when I got the bad news.

I hate to use the word "Settled" but there was a nice '07 on the floor that I got a great deal on. Speed and horsepower aren't really a priority to me, Depending on who's doing the measuring I'm between 6-3 and 6-4 and in the 280's so I guess the power to weight ratio is out. Although I might do a little more to it, I'm happy with what I got, and will ride the hell out of it. On the plus side, I have a great looking bike thats got 8miles on the clock and it's payed for.:eusa_dance:

MAN I WISH MINE WAS PAID FOR !!!!

I savesd for about 4 years for a new bike, then during the last year It was either going to be a Max or a ZX14.

I started thinking about it a little harder. I can care less about twisties, the nearest track is 345 miles away and there isn't local sponsored drags anymore so the weekend warrior thing is out. So the Max is was going to be.

I just thought I would be putting a decent down payment on the new version of the Vmax not outright buying the '07. I'm still happy and wouldn't change the one I have though.

Back