No Power when key is turned... Battery still has power

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Was Warming up the bike... (bike was warm and running strong) Then Out of no where DEAD. NO POWER.. Checked fuses and all seem good. Played around with wireing near the relay. Turned the key and POWER was back. Cranked it up and rode it for about 10 min around the neighborhood. Came home and turned it off. When to ride it later that night and NO POWER AGAIN? What am I missing to check.

Was Warming up the bike... (bike was warm and running strong) Then Out of no where DEAD. NO POWER.. Checked fuses and all seem good. Played around with wiring near the relay. Turned the key and POWER was back. Cranked it up and rode it for about 10 min around the neighborhood. Came home and turned it off. When to ride it later that night and NO POWER AGAIN? What am I missing to check.

Clean the battery connections, as well as the ground wire connection
(near the oil filler cap). If you still have problems, disassemble and clean the ignition switch. I believe there is a "sticky" in the electrical section that outlines the procedure. Also, the three-wire connector for the ignition switch has been known to fail as well. Take this apart, clean the contacts, and pack with dielectric grease. Cheers!

If no ights when it quits? Sounds like a key switch to me. Try bypassing it. Plug is fwd of the air box. Shunt all connections with jumpers while dead. Does it come to life? I have an ignition shunt if you need it. And, a brand new never instslled switch. PM if interested, or for further help.
Steve-o

No power? nothing works? lights, won't turn over, horn? If that's all correct, shunt out that switch. I carry a get me home shunt NOW.It energises everything, so all you do is hit the starter button and drive. It does leave the lights on and power to the cdi/tci, so you need to remember to unplug it when ya park. I could mail it to you if jumpers freak you out. But, need it back. I'm trying to get the Yami style connector to make them for anyone that wants one. It's small and should only be $5 to ship. I'll walk you through the jumper process if you want. PM me.
Steve-o

When you said the fuses are checked does that include the MAIN fuse which sits right over top of the positive side of the battery?

Sean

Yea checked the Main fuse above the POS. The Rear brake light turns on when key is turned. But they won't respond to the brakes when they are applied. (but no headlight, no backlighting, no turn signals, no horn)

Should i put the multi meter on the Main fuse? (12.65)

Should i make a little video of all the things i'm trying?

Yea checked the Main fuse above the POS. The Rear brake light turns on when key is turned. But they won't respond to the brakes when they are applied. (but no headlight, no backlighting, no turn signals, no horn)

Should i put the multi meter on the Main fuse? (12.65)

Should i make a little video of all the things i'm trying?
In that case, back light on, I am hesitant to completly condem the switch yet.No contact at switch, no lights. Does the starter solonoid turn the engine over, when jumped out?
Steve-o

No back lighting... only brake light on but doesn't respond to pulling brake lever.

I'm lost at this pointe...Might just have to suck it up and take it to the stealership....:ummm:

Back