No spark with COP's?! Wtf?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
I can have my 89 sitting for weeks and go out to fire it up and it will start right up. I ride for a while or even just let it warm up, turn it off, and it won't fire back up for a while. I have fixed EVERYTHING that is associated with the hot start issue. I took it to Mark a few weeks ago and had the carbs all tuned up. It ran like a champ!! What is going on? It sounds like it is not getting a spark or maybe gas (yes, there is gas in it). Anyone have this issue? All I can suspect are the COP's?? I will post the video below.

My volt meter is giving me readings all over the place.

You may have a rectifier problem sounds like to me.

I will post a pic but I'm pretty sure with all of the electrical work I have done that the coil was not connected entirely. I am thinking it was a very simple fix. I'll keep this updated.

Just to give some closure to this thread, Morley sent me his traveling electric kit and I replaced the pick up coils. Nothing. Swapped out the ignition unit and voila!!! Sooo.... Lesson here is always trust Morley to come through!

Well, unless you had a loose connector in the primary circuit, the ignition box or the pick up coils are what I would consider to be the issue. Sean's electrical loaner fixes another rider's issues.

Back