Noise on deceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonathanvmax

Reaction score
1992 Vmax, 43000 miles.

Noise and slight vibration on deceleration. No noise on acceleration. No noise when clutch is pulled and gliding, only on engine braking. Changed shaft oil, no change. Change engine oil, have not been able to take it out yet. So, will update when I do.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

sounds like the problem I just had, take the rear dif off pull the driveshaft off and look in the end of the dif where the driveshaft goes there is a nut there tighten it with an impact I put some red loktight on mine but that personal preference put it back together and see if that helps.

sounds like the problem I just had, take the rear dif off pull the driveshaft off and look in the end of the dif where the driveshaft goes there is a nut there tighten it with an impact I put some red loktight on mine but that personal preference put it back together and see if that helps.

I'll second that......

Thanks guys,

would that be the nut next to Number 22, the coupling gear, in the attached pic?

Attachments

• vmax shaft drive.jpg
    vmax shaft drive.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back