Norton-Kawi 750 triple two-stroke

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, A reputed Norton Dominator frame ('57) housing the "Widowmaker" engine of the biggest Kawasaki two-stroke. What a combo! Sure to piss-off all the Anglophiles. Allegedly built 1980 in CA, the owner/builder died in a motorcycle accident before it could be finished. Purchased from the estate, and now the next owner has died. I hope that low pipe comes up a few inches!

I see they left space in the seat for the balls you would need to ride that thing....that was a good idea.

Needs a heat shield though!

Id roast my coin purse on that bad girl!!! after it got USD forks and radials with a 180 out back of course...

Sure to piss-off all the Anglophiles. Allegedly built 1980 in CA, the owner/builder died in a motorcycle accident before it could be finished. Purchased from the estate, and now the next owner has died.

You could be right...two owners both died?

Both from 'natural causes'?

It seems that the ghost of Norton has a long and deadly reach.

Well the Norton Featherbed frame has always had the reputation of being the best handling of the multis from the UK, while AJS and Matchless had the same reputation for singles. Riders 'of a certain age' will fondly recall the Tritons which placed a Triumph twin into a Norton frame, in-search of that elusive 'handling' quality that Norton had, but Triumph didn't, in comparison.

I am in agreement that the bike should be finished. It's such an oddball, you won't see another. Someone wanted to use the best-handling period frame, and another era's most-powerful engine, to create an era-jumping, 'what-if' moto-jumble of parts to make something truly unique. I think to be safe, I would want wider wheels and radial tires ('tyres') but I suppose just finishing it as-is would be an exciting ride.

Note to max midnight: one died in a motorcycle accident, the person who bought it from the estate did nothing w/it for decades, then he died, and a relative got a bunch of cars and bikes. He liquidated most of the rolling stock but kept this. I hope he finishes it, I would like to see it run, and to hear a ride report, or how it compares to say, a stock Mach IV on a road course. Now, that would be an interesting experience.

Back