Not a Max, but you guys are F-ing brilliant.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piercew

Reaction score
Okay here goes,
My wife just got her license and needed starter bike, cause she dropped my baby once and that was enough. Apparently it is "too heavy". So I got her this '83 Suzuki GS550L, she loves it. I rode it on the day we got it and once to fill it with gas.

Today she laid it down about 1/2 mile from the house, she said that it kept dying when she came to a stop pointed uphill and she was taking it home when the engine just took of like she had hammered the throttle. When I go to her it was still on it's side, once I got it upright fuel was pouring from the overflow. When it stopped, I tried to start it but then the gas started coming out the overflow again. Anybody have some thoughts? I was thinking maybe carb floats, but I'm just a good enough mechanic to get in over my head. Thanks for the input.

Change the fuel filter & inspect your tank inside for rust. Get rid of the rust you see in the tank. The electrolysis method which you can do w/a battery charger will get it clean.

Back