Now what??? I may have bought the bike from hell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess what I meant was even though I didn't have my bike or bikes titled when I first bought them I couldn't resisted not riding them .. Somebody suggested to me when I first bought my gen 2 I should buy a rear stand to pretend to ride because it was in the dead of winter and my dirt road had a layer of ice on it ..lol So I guess I waited a little too before riding mine ..

Trust me if I wasn't laid up after my surgeries I'd be on it every day. I owned 7 gen 1's started in 1985, I'm 60 so I have had a lot of years to buy different bikes. I have 2 rear stands and one front stand, the tires looked 50% so I bought new ones and they are waiting. Don't tell anyone but I have sat on it several times I even made a little noise...lol

The front feels so much heavier than the Gen 1's or maybe it's because I sold my last Vmax in late 2009- early 2010 I forget.

Trust me I want to be on it :rofl_200::rofl_200::punk:

but the knee has to heal if I want to hold that beast up

You really like to chat. Just run the engine and it will burn the excess oil on the filter if there's any. No one minds answering questions but sometimes you ask some strange stuff. I guess common sense and logics are a good starting point.

I have a feeling his first ride may end up on you tube:biglaugh:

I'd really like to know how many gen two owners have the Nash flash and pipes and still couldn't run a mid ten second 1/4 OR do a 100 ft smoke show:ummm:

Maybe we have nothing to prove?

Sorry you havnt been able to ride it yet. I had knee problems long ago, had to have it aspirated a few times, wont forget that ever and I was barely driving much less riding at that time.

That also is an exact match for my K&N oil and I am unaware of any other oil that color in a bike. X2 clean up the area with Dawn & hot water and let it run a little bit, its what I do when chasing an oil leak on any vehicle. Good luck and I hope you get some ride time in before the snow flies.

Sorry you havnt been able to ride it yet. I had knee problems long ago, had to have it aspirated a few times, wont forget that ever and I was barely driving much less riding at that time.

That also is an exact match for my K&N oil and I am unaware of any other oil that color in a bike. X2 clean up the area with Dawn & hot water and let it run a little bit, its what I do when chasing an oil leak on any vehicle. Good luck and I hope you get some ride time in before the snow flies.

Thanks !! I got the filters off the other day and they are stuffed with paper towels to let most the excess oil. Now I will take care of the oil that leaked on my engine...........lol Oh I forgot I will reinstall my filters before giving by engine a nice bath in warm water with Dawn.. Like I said I'm no mechanic....LOL I'm glad that is all it was.

Thanks again

You really like to chat. Just run the engine and it will burn the excess oil on the filter if there's any. No one minds answering questions but sometimes you ask some strange stuff. I guess common sense and logics are a good starting point.

Thanks, just ignore my strange stuff and be aware that if you click on my links there may be some "strange" questions. Remember also I have stated several times I am a rider not a mechanic thus my lack of knowledge. Also the Gen 2 is a lot different than the gen 1's

Yup but still a motorcycle and with a reciprocating engine. Interweb goes a long way. The info is out there. And it's free. I love to use and abuse it to educate myself. Many people should do the same. No pun intended. Best of luck with your issues

The filters have been drying for a few days 1 of them out in the hot sun for most the afternoon. Tonight I will install them as well as the parts that need to be re installed, and with any luck I will give it a good cleaning tomorrow and be riding it very soon.

As you can see I am a forum supporter and I use the forum to ask my questions, I feel I pay for that option. Nobody that doesn't want to read or reply can do so. I'd rather ask here and get several opinions rather that google something and read for hours, different strokes for different folks. What is this forum here for?

Back