off the chart rpm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torn down carbs,ultra sonic cleaned, flushed out everything with carb cleaner(about 2 cans worth), installed carbs. On start up the rpms are off the chart. Tried backing sync screws all the way in, all the way out, idle adjuster backed all the way out, all to no avail. My floats are just fine and I am running a stage 7 set up. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Torn down carbs,ultra sonic cleaned, flushed out everything with carb cleaner(about 2 cans worth), installed carbs. On start up the rpms are off the chart. Tried backing sync screws all the way in, all the way out, idle adjuster backed all the way out, all to no avail. My floats are just fine and I am running a stage 7 set up. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

You may be running out the carb cleaner- check the throttle cables for binding.
I'm not understanding why you are moving the sync screws? Do you have a carb sync hooked up?

Is the linkage for the choke hooked up correctly? If the choke linkage is hanging up, it can make the rpms go up.

Also, were the carbs bench syncd before putting the carbs on the bike?

You mentioned that you adjusted that Idle Screw.. Take a peek at that screw.. Make sure that the mechanism is moving when the screw is adjusted.

good luck

One of the first things I will do after a carb rebuild is turn the fuel pump on until it fills the fuel bowls up-drain them then fill them back up again before starting.

Back