Oil light timing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
Hey guys! So whenever I'm going up a hill and accellerate from 2-3k, my oil light comes on at around 4500 - 5000 rpm. Is this normal?

I mean if I just steadily go up it rarely comes on, it seems to be triggered by acceleration

If I'm going downhill I can get to 6500 before it comes on, or if I rip it, it comes on around 7k but I think that's just delayed reaction.

Well the oil light on the vmax....is an oil level light. The sensor for the light is at the front of the pan.....and the pickup for the oil pump is at the back....so even if the light is on under acceleration. ...the engine is still receiving oil. So first thing to check is the oil level first thing in the morning....in the sight glass on the right side of the engine...with the bike level. As long as the oil level is between the hash marks....your good to go. On mine with Seans kit...and the level toward the lower level....I can turn on the oil light at will. At the top hash mark...it will only come on under full throttle.

So.....as long as the oil level is at or above the lower hash mark....your good to go.

^ Eric is 100% correct.
I keep my oil at about 3/4 of the way up to the top mark in the oil sight glass and my oil light only comes on under Hard acceleration.

PS
Read my Signature. :punk:

Dman has it in his avatar. If you take your time and get it right at the top of the glass with just a little space of clear at the the top of the glass it wont even come on with wheelie's. But you need to add a small amount at a time and than wait for 5 minute's and keep checking it until its perfect.

Latest posts

Back