oil light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is due to the change in oil pressure from what I have read this is normal when pushing the bike to its limits.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The oil light is not an indication of pressure....just volume.
Under hard acceleration, the oil in the sump sloshs back, uncovering the sensor, and the light flashes momentarily.
This is completely normal, and not an indication of anything wrong.
Cheers!

+1

The sensor is up front and the pickup tube is further back. Your still getting oil circulation. When you see the oil light come on during acceleration, that just means your just doing something right :) Have to be careful with the wheel stands though. Too long in a vertical position can do some bad things to your engine.

+1

The sensor is up front and the pickup tube is further back. Your still getting oil circulation. When you see the oil light come on during acceleration, that just means your just doing something right :) Have to be careful with the wheel stands though. Too long in a vertical position can do some bad things to your engine.

Highjack!!!! Lol I just noticed last week me oil light doesn't come on.... what should I check first?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wrist position!

LOL

Highjack!!!! Lol I just noticed last week me oil light doesn't come on.... what should I check first?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

How is your oil level?
If you fill it up a little past the line, the light won't come on as easily. That is the most common fix for it.

If that's not the case, I'd check the bulb. Then the sensor itself.

i always check my oil light at oil changes. turn the ignition to on (not the bike running) and drain the oil, make sure it comes on and then usually another 3/4 qt comes out.

also do the same check when i fill her up. altho sometimes it takes a bit for the new thick oil to get into the sensor so it might be until you're 3 qt in.

Oil is sloshing away from the oil level sensor upon hard acceleration causing an intermittent activation. You better check things if it is staying on! Cars have windage trays or baffles in the oil pans that keep oil around the oil pump pickup for the obvious reason.

Latest posts

Back