Oil pump gear clearance?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinM

Reaction score
Tried a search.... Looking to find out if anyone knows what is acceptable for the gears driving the oil pump as far as the freeplay on the shaft is concerned. The teeth are wearing perfectly, but when you rotate the gears on the shafts, they have excessive play on the shaft(s). 3 total. Is this normal? Everything sure looks great otherwise...Thanks in advance, Justin

Tried a search.... Looking to find out if anyone knows what is acceptable for the gears driving the oil pump as far as the freeplay on the shaft is concerned. The teeth are wearing perfectly, but when you rotate the gears on the shafts, they have excessive play on the shaft(s). 3 total. Is this normal? Everything sure looks great otherwise...Thanks in advance, Justin

Hi Justin:
Every VMAX engine I been in has slop in this area. I dont know why but it does and knowing the exact spec on the free play can be found in the VMAX service manual which you can download a free PDF file from the outlawvmax.com or wait for Sean to come and respond he may have the spec on it. Good luck.

No real spec that I am aware of and yes they are sloppy. Nothing to be concerned with.

Sean

Latest posts

Back